Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To expect better of Al Pacino?

(53 Posts)
squoosh Sun 16-Jun-13 18:20:46

You are Al Pacino for God's sake, why are you starring in tragically unfunny ads for Sky Broadband? I'd expect this of Bruce Willis, but Al I never once dreamt that you would disappoint me in this way. Do you really need the cash that much?

You were in The Godfather, you were in Serpico, you were in Dog Day Afternoon. Well, after this debacle you are now in disgrace.

Now get out of my sight.

squoosh Sun 16-Jun-13 19:42:44

I'll never forget the horror that was The Devil's Advocate.

Mrsrobertduvall Sun 16-Jun-13 19:44:01

He is also very short.

Earnshaw Sun 16-Jun-13 19:47:42

I love it that we're using Michael Corleone and Tom Hagen as our moral compasses grin

SnookyPooky Sun 16-Jun-13 19:51:55

I love the one with Bruce Willis, God I would dump my job and go with him too.
Just saw the back end of the Al Pacino ad. Yikes.

For the same reason he did an interview and Q&A in London recently where tickets sold for between £60 - £250: alimony. His ex had their kids in 2001.

AnyFucker Sun 16-Jun-13 20:04:29

You would seriously dump your job and go with The Bald One at the crook of his finger ?

really ? hmm

Bue Sun 16-Jun-13 20:12:28

He's also starring in a made for TV movie about Phil Spector with... Helen Mirren! Surely they're not so old and washed up that they have to stoop to this level to get a part?

KatyTheCleaningLady Sun 16-Jun-13 20:16:18

AnyFucker I would! But, then, I clean toilets for a living.

Picoo Sun 16-Jun-13 20:21:40

Pierce Brosnan is doing the Sky ads for the Irish market. Obviously the Bond films didn't pay enough!

Lighthousekeeping Sun 16-Jun-13 20:26:57

It'll be Meryl Streep advertising Tena pads next.

squoosh Sun 16-Jun-13 20:34:25

Thank God Sir John Gielgud is dead, he'd probably be flogging Fray Bentos pies.

Sorry Sir John, I know you wouldn't.

Mintyy Sun 16-Jun-13 20:37:10

Amazing that so many people find avarice attractive!

If you have earned £20 million over a few years doing three movies, then there is no reason on this planet why you need to ginger up a quick extra million doing an advert over a few days.

Unless you are excessively greedy.

<YUK>

SwedishEdith Sun 16-Jun-13 20:52:01

Not seen it but I instantly start to hate anyone who does a Sky advert. The worst offenders are the unbearably smug Ruth Jones and Robert Lindsay. Why on earth do they do it?

JazzDalek Sun 16-Jun-13 20:52:35

So it WAS him! Saw this ad today and thought it looked like Al Pacino but decided he wouldn't stoop so low and it must just be someone that looked like him!

shock

redlac Sun 16-Jun-13 21:03:08

Oh god, I'm only going to watch BBC from now on so as to not taint my love for Al Pacino. sad

Admittedly he has been in some utter tripe films however I like to forget about them and remember the good ones

Lighthousekeeping Sun 16-Jun-13 21:19:42

His eyes still have it smile. Even if his jowls are on the floor.

ARealDame Sun 16-Jun-13 22:28:45

Well, I have never liked Al Pacino, at all, not a bit! I have never liked him as an actor in anything (except very briefly in The Godfather I suddenly remember). I mean, he was just all I'm an Italian-in-a-leather-jacket so give me a role! Scarface was a bit of a unintentional joke all-round.

And I love other American actors like De Niro or Brando etc.

Bruce Willis, never liked him either.

I don't like the Sky adverts, but then I hate Sky as a company.

<tries to think of something I like. Oh yeah, roses are amazing>.

Bobyan Sun 16-Jun-13 23:08:41

I was actually disappointed by Ant and Dec's Morrisons advert.
Apparently their net worth is £62m. Why the fuck are they advertising a supermarket?!?

ClartyCarol Sun 16-Jun-13 23:14:55

Snigger at Meryl Streep doing Tena Ladies.

SarahAndFuck Mon 17-Jun-13 00:30:17

Will it be part of Ant and Dec's contract because Morrisons sponsored BGT do you think Bobyan?

NutcrackerFairy Mon 17-Jun-13 07:59:19

I'm with Anyfucker on the Bruce Willis Sky ad.

For me, that idiot girl is the worst thing in it.

Her gurning is the pits.

And Bruce Willis in his dressing gown "saving lives on a daily basis" or whatever that line is, god he's lame.

But the girl with her dribbling and the biting of her lower lip, then mouthing "BRUCE WILLIS!!!".

GET A FUCKING LIFE!

Primrose123 Mon 17-Jun-13 08:21:25

I'm sure Pierce Brosnan is in Spar ads in Austria, speaking German too!

Geez, times are hard, you are berating the man for doing a days honest work. ...

Maybe he likes doing ad work?

Double standards much?

Look, if Yoda can stoop to Vodafone ads, Pacino doing Sky was inevitable. Yoda is a Jedi Master for fucks sake and lives in a swamp so can't be doing it for the money.

<maybe, just maybe, I am confusing fantasy and RL here>

SnookyPooky Wed 19-Jun-13 20:39:07

Damn right I would for Bruce Willis.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now