Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To have 7 different types of cheese in my fridge

(108 Posts)
Jamdoughnutfiend Sun 16-Jun-13 13:14:12

My DH says it is unreasonable as 3-4 should be sufficient - I say he is BU - Mumsnet jury return the verdict please

WyrdMother Mon 17-Jun-13 09:34:21

Only 6 in the fridge at the mo

Cambozola
Manchego (sp? can't find the label)
Bavarian Smoked
Cheddar
Edam
A tiny, tiny bit of Binham Blue which I would recommend to anyone who can get their hands on it, it's lush.

Justfornowitwilldo Mon 17-Jun-13 09:39:11

Halloumi is deeply unreasonable.

I only have Gouda, buffalo mozzarella, cheddar, Parmesan and cottage cheese in. I'm expecting an Internet shop though grin

Justfornowitwilldo Mon 17-Jun-13 09:39:48

Oops. I do have some Bavarian smoked in the fridge door too.

MusicalEndorphins Mon 17-Jun-13 09:57:44

YaDnbu!
We have at the moment a surplus of processed cheese, so not very sophisticated I'm afraid.
2 real cheeses
*Swiss (I am addicted to grilled swiss cheese sandwiches)
*Havarti
Then a bunch of processed products.
*Imperial Sharp Cold pack cheddar
*3 types of processed thick sliced cheese singles -dh can't resist a sale, and sometimes still shops like they live here, but they have left the nest! DS's may be gifted with 1 pack each. grin
*Light Shredded Tex Mex blend
*Shredded 4 cheese Italian blend
*A Jalapeno Cheese Ball (leftover from Christmas)
2 jars of Cheese Whiz, one light and one Jalapeno.

mignonette Mon 17-Jun-13 10:10:48

Here is my tally-

M&S Cornish Rambler w/ chillies
Aldi Parmiggiano x 2 packs
Lincolnshire Poacher

from La Fromaggeria-

Gorgonzola Naturale from La Fromaggeria
Caprino Staggionato al Caprone from Sardinia
Pecorino Marzolino Rosso
Pecorino Staggionato Sardo

Jamdoughnutfiend Mon 17-Jun-13 12:27:36

I am intrigued by the cheese with little onions and other random flavours in cheddar.

Halluomi is a summer staple for bbqing surely? That can't be unreasonable grin

Fussandmess - that is why DH thinks I am unreasonable, the only person really chowing down the cheese is me (gleeful!) the girls eat an odd baby bel or slice of cheddar - they aren't that bothered

MaxPepsi Mon 17-Jun-13 13:06:00

My DH doesn't like cheese sad but I still manage to have a fridge full of it as I LOVE it.

He doesn't get it, shakes his head in bewilderment when I get giddy over finding a new deli and spend ages trying to decide what to buy.

Fountains Gold is my current new favourite find. It's delicious.

Crinkle77 Mon 17-Jun-13 18:26:03

YANBU I love cheese. As long as it does not go to waste there is no problem. If you find it is going off and ends up in the bin then your hubby may have a point

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now