Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To serve a beautiful slow cooked joint of best brisket......

(39 Posts)
YNK Sun 16-Jun-13 12:15:06

........after the bastard dog has stolen half of it from the serving plate on the kitchen counter!
I don't think it's been slobbered on, it was more of a hit and run!
I'm bloody fuming!

Ashoething Sun 16-Jun-13 14:12:55

Of course you can still serve it! wouldn't bother me one jot but I am a bit minging.

Loulybelle Sun 16-Jun-13 14:15:34

Meh, eat the untouched bits, my mum gives my stepdad all the bits that gets drop on the floor, done him no harm yet.

LST Sun 16-Jun-13 14:48:45

Wouldn't bother me or most of the people I know.

SunMoonStarship Sun 16-Jun-13 14:53:13

Disgusting! YABU

LittleDonkeyKong Sun 16-Jun-13 14:53:50

Sounds like when I was a kid our cat was found licking my dads plate of food, mum just put it in the microwave ready for him to warm up without even giving it a 2nd thought but then my mum didn't like my dad very much! I would serve it

Are you my xMiL? She has served up stew the dog had eaten off the top of, she just scraped a bit more off the top, and an apple pie that a rat hand been gnawing on as she had it outside to cool. Amongst other things.

Thankfully my SIL warned me what not to eat. Her grubby sons dug in regardless.

Calabria Sun 16-Jun-13 15:32:13

Reminds me of a posh party at a relative's house years ago (1960's). We were staying over so were there for the preparation and Mum overheard the daughter of the house say to our hostess. "You're right there is a mouse in the cellar, there are footprints on the salmon mousse". "Never mind" says our hostess "When it's covered in aspic jelly no one will notice". shock

Mum didn't eat any and made sure that we didn't either.

OHforDUCKScake Sun 16-Jun-13 16:19:46

Id still eat it.

Fakebook Sun 16-Jun-13 16:41:35

Eurgh. Another reason to dislike dogs.

Gay40 Sun 16-Jun-13 22:10:18

If I could lick my own arse, I wouldn't be sat on here debating brisket, that's for sure.

ChipsNEggs Sun 16-Jun-13 22:51:02

When I was a teenager I made dinner for me and my bro. While serving up the dog jumped up and was keenly licking the beans on my quickly reassigned his plate. I rearranged them and served it to him without a word.

Lazy git should have made his own dinner.

He's still alive BTW.

Gay40 grin

SirBoobAlot Mon 17-Jun-13 00:13:13

Gay40 grin

I dunno... I might have served it up, as long as I got the bit the furthest away from the dog bites... blush

MagzFarqharson Mon 17-Jun-13 00:18:39

Thanks OP and all contributors to this thread for a much-needed chuckle tonight grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now