To ban dp from bringing anymore cd's/dvd's home?

(31 Posts)
annabanana84 Sun 16-Jun-13 12:04:28

DP is a bit of a hoarder. Especially when it comes to his precious dvd's and cd's. He calls them his "collections". He has hundreds, and on average, brings a new one home every fortnight. We live in a small flat with virtually no storage and so his cd and DVD collection is taking over our home and making it look untidy to me. I feel so sick of the damn things and have told dp to but some of the plastic storage containers that you can stack to put them in, least then they'll look a bit more presentable than stacked under the stairs or in cardboard boxes as he has them now but he hasn't bought them yet, but there's no way I'm paying a tenner for them for his shit, and then not getting my
Money back from him! So, wibu to enforce a ban on him buying any more cd's/d-vd's?

MusicalEndorphins Tue 18-Jun-13 05:26:51

My dh is the same, they are in shelves and in dvd albums. Plus he has a large vinyl collection, several soundboards, guitars, amps. I have nothing against his hobby, but we have a small little home. He is on vacation soon and moving all his collection into the spare room and making it a music room. Can't even use the fireplace as he has too much stuff around it.
Can't wait, I hate the clutter his music has created. It is so discouraging. Good luck OP.

LoveBeingUpAt4InTheMorning Tue 18-Jun-13 05:41:21

Sorry did you say dp or dc?

Southeastdweller Tue 18-Jun-13 05:53:49

You sound like a total nag. I would tell you to stick it somewhere warm and wet if you tried to ban me from anything.

However I agree with the 'one in, one out' approach from now on. Also consider hiring storage.

samandi Tue 18-Jun-13 09:03:31

There's no need to use apostrophes for cds and dvds.

The problem seems to be the storage not the amount of cds (one every two weeks is not going to affect the quantity of cds/dvds much). Get tall bookshelves/cd towers stacked against the wall or plastic boxes as you say. The right storage really can make a huge difference. If I were you I'd probably buy them and take the money off from somewhere else, if he really isn't seeing the problem.

samandi Tue 18-Jun-13 09:04:08

Actually the "one in, one out" approach sounds good too.

AndHarry Tue 18-Jun-13 10:11:52

Burn the lot to 'the cloud'. Job done.

I will never ever get a Kindle for all my books though grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now