Wahooo - my very first car parking thread!

(45 Posts)
LEMisdisappointed Sun 16-Jun-13 09:14:17

So, everyone agrees that you should only park in parent/child parking if you actually have a child with you? yes - good

You should never park in disabled spaces unless you are disabled -yes - good.

So why is it then that TESCO have, on a saturday evening, filled ALL of the disabled spaces with their home delivery vans?

Have i missed something? Have disabled shoppers agreed not to go to the supermarket at a specific time?

Thats all really.

HollyBerryBush Sun 16-Jun-13 09:59:52

>suspicious<

Did you just hug me ?

>backs right off<

grin

FanjoForTheMammaries Sun 16-Jun-13 10:02:24

Yes..it's like Hug a Hoodie.

Hug a Tory.

Indeed, I was pretty fucking angry to be honest. I can get a bit riled up by the disabled parking issues.

A manager was called. He told me that the car park is private land (true) and that Sainsbury's staff can park wherever they want on Sainsbury's land (also true). I told him that just because they could didn't mean they should but he could not have cared less.

lottieandmia Sun 16-Jun-13 10:03:59

YANBU - the disabled spaces are for disabled people. If the store is open the spaces should be available for those people. It may be Tesco's property but disabled spaces are a legal requirement in any case. So they are wrong.

FanjoForTheMammaries Sun 16-Jun-13 10:06:07

WhereDo..that's shocking. Did you consider taking it further?

FanjoForTheMammaries Sun 16-Jun-13 10:06:27

I.mean higher up than him?

BlackeyedSusan Sun 16-Jun-13 10:09:42

op, yabu. tescos is so important and powerful that any disabled people entering their property are miraculously able to walk.

BlackeyedSusan Sun 16-Jun-13 10:13:09

oops sorry... people with disabilities. (slaps self round head for being a hypocrite )

No, I don't shop there any more.
Sometimes it's just too much effort, you know? I was recently trying to decide how best to complain to Accor Hotels when some members of staff in an Ibis hotel put me in an ordinary room in which I couldn't access the toilet, and just shrugged at me and said that was all they had.
Complaining = more stress

SuffolkNWhat Sun 16-Jun-13 10:37:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LEMisdisappointed Sun 16-Jun-13 10:39:49

* HollyBerrybush*"Opinions are like arseholes, you have one too"

grin How dare you call my DP an arsehole!

LEMisdisappointed Sun 16-Jun-13 10:43:10

Fanjo - did you enjoy the bun? mine was a bit stale!

I am a keyboard warrior!

SayMama Sun 16-Jun-13 11:10:55

Surely it would have been better for them to park in P&C if for some reason they needed wider spaces? Think on a Saturday evening you're more likely to have a disabled customer than a parent and small child confused

TidyDancer Sun 16-Jun-13 11:19:27

Actually I think you'll find your first point is slightly incorrect. Most people agree that P&C spaces can be used by anyone. Because hey can.

Disabled spaces at a different story.

Would be much better for staff to park in P&C (which are inexplicably closer to the shop in my experience) than disabled.

TidyDancer Sun 16-Jun-13 11:19:39

at a are a

TidyDancer Sun 16-Jun-13 11:20:21

Oh FFS. Because they can.

LemonBreeland Sun 16-Jun-13 11:23:42

And I thought it was bad when one evening I saw a Tesco security guard finish his shift and get in his car parked in a P&C space.

WhereDo, that's awful, I think you and the OP should email the respective head offices, it really isn't on. angry

I would think Tesco can park their own vans where they like on their property, something maybe legally right but still be morally indefensible HollyBush.

digerd Sun 16-Jun-13 11:28:37

Don't know why people don't have their shopping delivered as I do. It is so much less hassle , physically and stress-wise . Then Tescos car parks would be full of only their delivery vans.

roundtable Sun 16-Jun-13 11:33:14

Does anyone else have the nursery rhyme Mary, Mary Quite Contrary going round in their heads?

Op, that does sound weird. Maybe a call in at customer services next time you are there to discuss it with the manager?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now