To wonder where baby sleeps? (Haven holidays)

(21 Posts)
Pigsmummy Wed 19-Jun-13 14:11:56

It is fine, we moved one of the single beds and the travel cotmfits in the second bedroom.

icklemssunshine1 Tue 18-Jun-13 14:53:44

We stayed in a small caravan last year but not at a Haven so unsure of difference in size. We took our own MASSIVE travel cot & managed to squeeze it at bottom of bed, was wedged between bed & wall (& I had to climb over DH if I needed a wee in the night) but we managed! (It was DH's first time in a caravan at 36 years old & I think her loved it more than DD!)

Have fun!

Shaky Tue 18-Jun-13 14:36:14

We have stayed in haven caravan lots of times. When ds was in a travel cot we used the second bedroom. We took the mattress off one bed and put it on top of the other, then turned the bed frame upside down on top of the mattresses. I know it doesn't sound very safe but it is quite stable and gave enough room for the travel cot.
Last week we stayed in a 2 bedroom caravan at hafan y mor and there would have been enough room in the main bedroom for a travel cot. The 2 bedroom caravans have more room than the 3 bedrooms.
I hope you have a great holiday.

MrsMook Mon 17-Jun-13 17:36:43

we put one of the singles on the other and put our own travel cot up.

We're staying in a caravan in 2 months. Don't know if DS2 will still fit in his basket... He's big! We'll need one bed (with guard from home) for DS1.

Selvedge Mon 17-Jun-13 17:14:22

We've arrived and it's lovely! The main bedroom has enough room to fit our travel cot in but we have turned the 2 single beds on their sides and are using that room (deluxe plus). Small but fine.

goldenlula Fri 14-Jun-13 00:24:56

We tipped a single bed on it's side and fitted the travel cot there when dd was a baby. When ds2 was tiny we managed to fit te travel cot at the end of our bed, but it was a 'delux' caravan, with a bigger bedroom.

Chattymummyhere Fri 14-Jun-13 00:00:35

We are not long back from staying in a posh 3 bed one on a haven site.. My baby is not so much a baby but we turnt one of the twin rooms into just a massive bed.

Baby was fine when we stay in our own van we so the same and baby shares with older sibling too then.

If you have got a van with central heating you won't have to worry about baby getting cold Infact we got too hot.

mrsyattering Thu 13-Jun-13 23:55:49

we were in a two bed deluxe caravan at a haven at easter. was definitely room in double room to put a travel cot

ThisIsMummyPig Thu 13-Jun-13 23:51:14

I'm not sure anyone suggested putting the cot on anything. My babies always slept in grobags, so putting them on a bed they can't fall out of in a grobag doesn't seem any more dangerous to me than putting them in a collapsible travel cot.

Selvedge Thu 13-Jun-13 23:40:14

Apparently you can request that they remove a single bed from the second bedroom to make room. They say their travel cots are of 'generous size'. Maybe they are the big square ones, maybe the rooms are tiny. I will find out on Monday. Will be taking a screwdriver just in case...

YonicTheHedgehog Thu 13-Jun-13 23:32:36

The beds in the little bedroom were camp bed type things in our Haven caravan, so they could be moved around if you think that could be an option.

We took out the bedside table that was in the middle and put it in the wardrobe, then pushed the beds together and got a mattress off a single bed in the other room (3 bed caravan) and it slotted into the gap. It turned the room into one big bed.

Brownowlahi Thu 13-Jun-13 23:31:18

We had a two bed haven caravan that had room for a cot in our room. In a three bed caravan, it would have to go in the lounge. I took a bed rail for one side of the double bed and stacked cushions on the other and put dc in our bed to start with. Not ideal. Maybe your dc will enjoy the evening entertainment so much you will be able to stay up till late anyway.

Pigsmummy Thu 13-Jun-13 23:29:39

2 x bedrooms (1 double and 1 twin) and big lounge. Thinking of taking extra cushions and /or cot mattress to put baby to sleep on double or a twin bed until we retire to bed. Wondered about pre booking a bed rail (for a twin bed) but hoping for guidance from mn and annoyed that DH won't even discuss it?!

Is there not a kitchen area?

Doubtfuldaphne Thu 13-Jun-13 23:27:24

Don't put the cot on anything! What if it fell off? It would be terrible! Also don't leave her to sleep in your bed as its really dangerous to have babies on beds IMO. if you're thinking of putting her cot mattress on the floor I would say dont - she could roll off.
As for the answer though.. I'd just carry on as normal with her in the living area. She'll probably sleep through it. Unless you're incredibly noisy in which case she would wake anyway as you're in a smallish space with thin walls!

ThisIsMummyPig Thu 13-Jun-13 23:26:38

The first time we went we put baby in the living room, as it had a fire, so you could keep her warm at night (March holiday and it was freezing)

We have done a few of these now. The preferred option is to take the cushions off the settee when you have finished your evening meal, and shove them between the two beds in the childrens room. This makes it fairly unfalloutable.

We have also had me sleep in the double bed with baby, and DH sleep elsewhere. That was my preferred option because I could get her to sleep, and get out of bed, and then have plenty of space later.

(2 kids, and about 10 caravan holidays)

milkysmum Thu 13-Jun-13 23:25:59

When we went on a caravan holiday it stated only place for travel cot was living room but we did manage to squeeze it in the main bedroom all be it we then had no floor space at all left!!

MortifiedAdams Thu 13-Jun-13 23:23:40

Is it only one bedroom?

Maggie111 Thu 13-Jun-13 23:23:19

Put baby on your bed till it's your bedtime maybe? Then transfer to travel cot.

Pigsmummy Thu 13-Jun-13 23:22:20

Meant "to leave it until we get there".

Pigsmummy Thu 13-Jun-13 23:19:14

So I have booked a deluxe caravan, hired travel cot then read faq's where it stated that the only place to put travel cot is living room. I don't fancy (although might be nice?) retiring to bed at 8pm every evening so wondering what to do and knew that MN would have some suggestions.

Bed rail? Take pillows to put baby in bed? Take mattress off cot from home? Put travel cot on double bed and move to living area when going to bed? Ideas please? Baby 8 months.

On aibu for traffic but also because DH seems to think that I am being unreasonable to want to discuss options and tu

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now