To ask you to tell me....

(11 Posts)
makingitin2012 Thu 13-Jun-13 23:15:18

Your favourite (at home) romantic evening plan?! Am planning as such for tomorrow and am in need of inspiration! What would you do? Cook? And if so what?! Or perhaps dips / antipasti? Takeaway? Then there's drinks - and music or a movie?! Please tell me your perfect night in, to inspire my own!

hopkinette Thu 13-Jun-13 23:16:23

What do you actually like doing?

Chocolate and vodka

hopkinette Thu 13-Jun-13 23:19:28

Look, lots of ideas. Looks like loads and loads and loads of people have written articles about this OP, there's no shortage out there smile

reggiebean Thu 13-Jun-13 23:28:52

For a nice night in, I quite like to cook, but learned a very important lesson after the first time I did it... Be sure you're not cooking anything that has a tendency to get stuck in teeth!!
This is my favourite meal to cook for a romantic night. Drink-wise, I personally stay away from red wine as it just makes me tired, but for something a bit special, maybe some champagne and Chambord (I've forgotten the name of this drink and am too lazy to Google it now, sorry), and definitely a funny movie. There's nothing sexier than laughter, and I love finding a new, funny film we're both cracking up over.

makingitin2012 Thu 13-Jun-13 23:30:56

Thank you hop! I love occasional cosy nights in and love both cooking and takeaways - just looking for inspiration really! Quite fancying a nice bottle of red and cheeses / nice bread at the min - if that's anybody else's fave please tell me what is your favourite platter snacks!

hopkinette Fri 14-Jun-13 00:17:25

Quite fancying a nice bottle of red and cheeses / nice bread at the min - if that's anybody else's fave please tell me what is your favourite platter snacks!

I don't understand. Do you not know what cheeses you like?

hopkinette Fri 14-Jun-13 00:18:07

Could you google "cheese" and then click on the various links, perhaps?

reggiebean Fri 14-Jun-13 00:20:13

HA! Hopkinette I just almost spat out my drink at the screen at the thought of my boyfriend seeing just the word "Cheese" in my Google search bar. He'd probably think I'd gone totally bonkers. urge to Google "cheese" just to see what comes up

hopkinette Fri 14-Jun-13 00:40:43

reggie Sorry my suggestion seems outlandish. It seemed rational to me, under the circumstances.

What were you drinking, by the way?

reggiebean Fri 14-Jun-13 00:52:22

Rekorderling (sp?) Strawberry Lime cider... Delicious!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now