To just link to snopes on every wanky post on my facebook feed?

(16 Posts)
catgirl1976 Thu 13-Jun-13 21:39:39

The latest being the 'cranky old man dies leaving beautiful poem' boakfest

Or does it just make me a snarly, cynical old bitch who spoils other peoples naive enjoyment of mawkish drivel?

hermioneweasley Thu 13-Jun-13 21:42:29

Well, if it does the that's two of us.

The world has wonderful and inspiring stories which are true. We don't need the syrupy, sentimental nonsense which is pedalled.

Oh, and nobody is driving and my local are trying to abduct children either, despite the FB updates

catgirl1976 Thu 13-Jun-13 21:44:11

I may start grumpy-cynical-old-bitch corner smile

I have wine

And some After 8 Mints for some reason

hermioneweasley Thu 13-Jun-13 21:44:50

Ooo,I love after 8s. I'm there!

BeanoNoir Thu 13-Jun-13 21:44:58

I'd just hide the posts of anyone who appeared on my feed with such drivel.

I'm about to hide loads of people on my fb as I'm fed up with all the photos and updates about other people's babies and toddlers. I know it's nice for their families to see but I feel stuck enough in baby world as it is without this too. Although the single mates with constant updates partying and travelling makes me a bit grrr too as I'm pg and grumpy I think it might be me and not everyone else though grin

reggiebean Thu 13-Jun-13 21:45:02

No, I do it constantly, normally followed by the "unfriend" link if I have to do it more than once. I have better things to do than read this nonsense. FGS, there are cat videos to be watched!

BeanoNoir Thu 13-Jun-13 21:47:00

Yes I really do feel grumpy about people enjoying their children or living life to the full. I'll just come over to the cynical bitch corner now and try and stay quiet.

curlew Thu 13-Jun-13 21:47:08

I do. I have made some people very cross. They just don't like being told they've made parts of themselves by perpetuating some tired old urban myth, and they sometimes mistake me for somebody who cares.

SassySpice Thu 13-Jun-13 21:51:33

Arf at 'parts' Curfew

catgirl1976 Thu 13-Jun-13 21:51:39

I don't mind people enjoying their children or living life to the full or even posting pictures of their dinner

It's the bloody stories about a soldier's dog who penned the autobiography of its handler in its own blood before saving some ducklings from the central reservation of the M6 whilst simultaneously curing cancer despite being mortally wounded by a poison Bonio given to it by an immigrant pedophile but never making a whimper till it collapsed into a heroic, quivering dead heap that get my goat.

Especially when people post something like

"We shud all b like tht dogz hun" underneath it

It makes me a tad stabby

<passes after 8s and tries to breathe>

Mia4 Thu 13-Jun-13 21:52:24

I use hoax_slayer a lot, so many people seem to think though that it's better to disseminate fake information then ignore in favour of real, just in case...

SassySpice Thu 13-Jun-13 21:52:34

curlew even

Yup! I'm another who is always pointing out that if they had consulted Snopes or Urban Myth then they wouldn't have made themselves look silly.

Just had one appear on my timeline at the moment about children being approached. Haven't had time to check it yet but my bullshite radar is pinging.

It's the bloody stories about a soldier's dog who penned the autobiography of its handler in its own blood before saving some ducklings from the central reservation of the M6 whilst simultaneously curing cancer despite being mortally wounded by a poison Bonio given to it by an immigrant pedophile but never making a whimper till it collapsed into a heroic, quivering dead heap that get my goat

<weeps>

Sorry hoax slayer, we've just been having a conversation about urban myths as I was writing.

curlew Thu 13-Jun-13 21:57:24

"Arf at 'parts' Curfew"

It's the new insult- everyone's using it. Didn't you know? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now