Should women be allowed to do everything men do?

(284 Posts)
Hullygully Thu 13-Jun-13 11:08:15

Talk to me about equality.

TondelayoSchwarzkopf Thu 13-Jun-13 11:16:59

Oh God, I'm not now expected to watch Top Gear, grow a moustache every November and order the hottest curry on the menu even though I won't enjoy it.

Feminism has a lot to answer for.

MalenkyRusskyDrakonchik Thu 13-Jun-13 11:17:49

I went all the way home on the train last weekend with a badge proclaiming me as a radical feminist.

I got a seat all to myself, it was lovely. smile

Bonsoir Thu 13-Jun-13 11:18:36

I think women and men should be allowed to do the same, full range, of activities. But not feel under any obligation to do so.

Sheshelob Thu 13-Jun-13 11:18:44

Lulz at menz. Well funny.

I can hardly concentrate on my work when there are menz with their penises around. And their bums. If they want to gain self esteem by showing them to me for money, then it is win-win, surely? I gets to see some bum and they get to build their self esteem, because I'll be all, "you have a nice bum. You should feel good about yourself" and shit.

limitedperiodonly Thu 13-Jun-13 11:18:49

Jar opening is something my vagina inhibits me from doing

I use mine to open them sheshelob

My hubby drives me to special classes

Buzzardbird Thu 13-Jun-13 11:18:49

My DH told me it isn't 'ladylike' to fart, I laughed so much I farted again blush

VinegarDrinker Thu 13-Jun-13 11:19:28

Malenky nah, not quite true. Sorry.

Btw what's the Drakonchik bit mean? (my russki is ochen rusty)

mmmerangue Thu 13-Jun-13 11:19:33

When I see a man's bum, I usually have to be revived with smelling salts ;)

Buzzardbird Thu 13-Jun-13 11:19:55

Glad you are not driving yourself there limited

Sheshelob Thu 13-Jun-13 11:20:27

My DH told me I want to be a man. I said that he'd given me no choice given his tits are bigger than mine.

Hullygully Thu 13-Jun-13 11:20:27

you is well right sheshelob

I always comment on a nice package and shapely arse cos the menz puff up with pride and swell

Buzzardbird Thu 13-Jun-13 11:20:39

Men have bums? hmm

Bonsoir Thu 13-Jun-13 11:20:55

Jar opening is something my pathetic muscles prevent me from doing (despite using my hands very extensively). Ergo a muscly man has a certain practical appeal as a life partner.

Sheshelob Thu 13-Jun-13 11:22:02

What's wrong with making a menz feel good about looking nice and stuff? They like to be appreciated for their bums. If you've got a bum, flaunt a bum. That's my motto in life. I'm into equal rights and stuff.

MalenkyRusskyDrakonchik Thu 13-Jun-13 11:22:18

vinegar - ooh, bugger, I was all excited when I read that. Ah well.

But could we in theory? I mean, is it categorically impossible or is it possible but no-one can be arsed to work out how?

Drakonchik means little dragon. In Russian you add diminutives to everything, which is probably all rooted in oppressing men by mocking their penis size. Or something.

mmmerangue Thu 13-Jun-13 11:22:33

Bonsoir One of these is probably more cost-effective.

cory Thu 13-Jun-13 11:22:42

Should I allow dh to iron his shirts? Or just let him go in scruffy?

Note: these are definitely the only two options on offer.

Buzzardbird Thu 13-Jun-13 11:22:48

It's gone 'poof'

Sheshelob Thu 13-Jun-13 11:23:24

Buzzard

You have obviously been blinkered by the politically correct and the frigid who want to stop the free expression of bums. Come and help us liberate some man bum. They loves it.

Hullygully Thu 13-Jun-13 11:23:53

this is what happened to me the other day and really really annoyed me.

was at a meeting and after the meeting was talking to a man (and not looking at his arse). Another man (man2) comes up and says, can I have a word man1? and off they go leaving me like er? what?

Then I go outside and am deep in conversation with a woman about matters from the meeting (didn't look at her arse either), and up comes man2 and joins in and we politely wait for him to leave so we can carry on...and he doesn't. Oblivious. Because women don't talk about anything important.

Buzzardbird Thu 13-Jun-13 11:24:04

"Let him go in scruffy" mmmm cory. Are you a feminist? grin

MalenkyRusskyDrakonchik Thu 13-Jun-13 11:24:21

I do like some nice man-bum.

It's why builders have to resort to cat-calling, you know, it's us oppressing them by commenting on their arses hanging out of their jeans.

Bonsoir Thu 13-Jun-13 11:24:30

mmmerangue - more cost-effective? Really? Does it earn several hundred thousand a year?

limitedperiodonly Thu 13-Jun-13 11:24:44

I bet you sat in your dungarees with your legs open malenky because you secretly want to be a man.

Buzzardbird Thu 13-Jun-13 11:26:15

"Blinkered", yes she I think that is what he calls the things he puts over my eyes when he drives me to those dogging events?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now