Should women be allowed to do everything men do?

(284 Posts)
Hullygully Thu 13-Jun-13 11:08:15

Talk to me about equality.

EldritchCleavage Fri 14-Jun-13 13:54:59

I am a Ribena feminist.

thegreylady Fri 14-Jun-13 14:41:31

We are indeed equal but different.As far as I am concerned 'allowed' doesn't come into it at all.Both men and women should be able to do whatever they can do.

Trills Fri 14-Jun-13 17:05:01

We are equal but different.

But what the differences are - we are not sure.

How big the differences are - probably not as big as many people seem to think.

Any argument based on "biological differences" is probably just some sexism.

limitedperiodonly Fri 14-Jun-13 18:10:38

How about we just drop the different thing and say we're just equal?

Latara Fri 14-Jun-13 18:42:07

We are different to men (thank god), but we should be treated equally and do exactly as they do in life if we wish to.

Shitsinger Fri 14-Jun-13 19:12:40

Interesting that what Men do is still seen as the norm/preferred option in society and that as a result women are seen as lacking.
Push a 9lb baby out of your penis and then keep it alive using only your body for 6 months and then we can talk.grin

Xenia Fri 14-Jun-13 19:26:29

Women give birth. Men can't (so far). However we have many more similarities than differences. Also men have had a lot of sense leaving low grade low paid dull stuff like cleaning and housecare to women and only now do women have the power to say - hang on that's as dull as ditch water I'd rather be out earning £100k whilst you stay home mopping floors mate.

Lazyjaney Fri 14-Jun-13 21:36:04

"Push a 9lb baby out of your penis and then keep it alive using only your body for 6 months and then we can talk"

But OTOH women can't talk out their arses non stop grin

digerd Sat 15-Jun-13 06:51:39

My sis said to me " I have always known that women are superior to men. They should be the ones in charge!" She earned more than her DH, and when the 2DS were 7 and 9, they reversed roles.
It worked brilliantly, as he played footie with the boys in the school holidays and renovated the house- neither of which sis wanted to do- and all the shopping, laundry, cleaning , cooking etc.

When she took early retirement, she moaned to me that DH didn't touch the hoover anymore and she had to do it. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now