Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think that if you drive a small car, you are fair game for intimidation!

(156 Posts)

DM is away this week, and has lent me her car. It is a Nissan Micra. EVERY time I have been out in it, I have been tailgated by a van/taxi/4x4. I don't get this in my large Citroen. I have driven the Micra in exactly the same way! If it was my own car, Id be tempted to apply the brakes! angry

compos sadly I'll not be much use for your hair since I'm a civil servant

ComposHat Belgium Fri 14-Jun-13 22:27:59

It was a low blow I know, but it is THE stereotypical hairdressers car!

ComposHat Belgium Fri 14-Jun-13 22:28:54

My car is the mini-cabbers ride of choice mind you. So I can hardly talk.

theodorakisses Sat 15-Jun-13 06:08:32

twonk works for me

Evidently.

RoooneyMara Sat 15-Jun-13 08:37:48

Oh dear.

ipswichwitch Sat 15-Jun-13 09:10:34

The reason small car drivers are more hesitant at junctions and roundabouts is that the car can't pull away fast enough (small engine) to make it safely into a gap in traffic that a larger, faster car can make.
I drive an old 1.2 fiesta and get sick to fucking death of people trying to bully me out of junctions when I know fine well the car won't make it and I'll cause a pile up. They'd be even later for work then - twats.
I even had some arse shouting that I should get a better car once. And who's gonna pay for that? I drive it out of financial necessity not just to piss off those that own bigger/better/faster cars. And I'm certainly not an overly cautious, sudden braking, nervous driver.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now