Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To be on Tina's side in Cornation Street

(101 Posts)
CelticPixie Wed 12-Jun-13 20:26:07

I just want her to take that baby and run as far away as she can from the hideously rough and dis functional Armstrong/Windass family. Gary and Izzy rushed into the surrogacy without thinking it through properly and their relationship is not stable. Owen is well dodgy, Auntie Katy is a selfish cow who walked out on her lovely boyfriend and father of her son for a bad boy, Anna is a fishwife and then there is Faye the spawn of Satan. I can't blame Tina for deciding she doesn't want the baby to go to them after all. He'll be dragged up, poor thing.

It's sad how involved in this storyline I've become actually. How dare Anna speak to Rita like that!

ClartyCarol Thu 13-Jun-13 22:53:48

Yes I thought an IVF clinic would have very sensitive pg tests to prevent any situation like that occurring.

I don't think she could have been they check when doing IVF that you are not pregnant before they implant embryo, its not her baby and Gary will be able to get visitation/custody.

ClartyCarol Thu 13-Jun-13 21:20:08

Yes that was the intention but rumour has it that the baby will turn out to be Tommy and Tina's, i.e she was already pregnant.

AmberSocks Thu 13-Jun-13 21:08:21

but isnt the baby made from izzys egg and garys sperm?

needaholidaynow Thu 13-Jun-13 20:50:13

I reckon the baby will turn out to be Tommy's.

I really hope so for Izzy and Gary's sake really, because it must be heartbraking seeing someone else across the street bringing up your biological child. (I know, it's only a tv show! But there will be people in real life in that position and I'm glad I will never be one of those people. Must be awful.

At least if the baby turns out to be Tommy's, then Izzy and Gary can have closure and won't have to see their child being brought up so close yet so far away.

ignore that just read your post to the end..i am also worried about dev, I really need to get out more

no sorry Andrew, carl took sunitas house keys and replaced them with rovers keys so dev still got a set of keys..lol

Poppylovescheese Thu 13-Jun-13 20:22:46

Team Tina!!!

EMUZ Thu 13-Jun-13 20:16:57

The Dev storyline is annoying me now I want to shout "just get on and solve it!" At the tv

bottleofbeer Thu 13-Jun-13 20:16:43

The mother is the legal parent. But any parental residency can be contested. Mother has baby, refuses to hand it over, biological father (and IP) fight for custody...

Also, if the bio father and his wife win then it more often than not goes to legal adoption IE the non carrying mother legally adopts the baby and then the birth mother has zero legal rights left to that child. For the most part it never comes to that because the surrogate gives them the baby and all goes to plan.

Now a lot of surrogates go into this from the goodness of their heart, they're stable women often with already completed families and a supportive husband (who is automatically the legal father as he's married to the mother). These are pretty much always the stories we hear of because they're happy, shiny endings. But remember there are no clear cut laws in this country so sadly there are a lot of vunerable women out there and although nothing more than 'expenses' can be paid it's not regulated so large sums of cash can be involved and that can lure them into it to get out of debt, feed existing children and are, for the most part, single.

Then when it goes to court, bio father looks a much better bet and wins the custody battle. It needs to me much more regulated, really. Honestly, it's not even that rare. I've seen it happen and although it sounds all very anecdotal this was a fairly typical case of a surrogacy gone wrong.

andrewmarrismysecretcrush Thu 13-Jun-13 20:11:22

Teenagetantrums...thank you! Now am going to have to wait to see if the penny drops with Dev that there were no keys in Sunita's stuff that the hospital must have given him when she died. Think I better go home and have a lie down!!

he took her keys back to her house and left them there..god I watch the soaps to much x

I thought the law was that the person who gives birth is the legal mother. When the whole storyline of Tracey pretending to be pregnant with Ryan's baby was funny as if she was, surely Steve would legally be the father as they are married.

andrewmarrismysecretcrush Thu 13-Jun-13 19:28:25

Squoosh, I have spent ALL DAY worrying about Dev and those bloody keys
I even woke my Mum up early this morning to discuss it with her [not amused!!]. If I remember correctly, Killer Karl knicked Sunits'a door keys from the hospital, did the dirty deed, then placed the pub ones back in her drawer. I cant remember what he did with her door keys though!!
Btw, Mum reckons Beths Craig saw something...she read it in Pondlife..oops sorry, I mean Soaplife [shite mag she buys!!] Happy to admit I love Corrie with a passion. Watched Lewis' leaving at least 4 times and bawled my eyes out!!!

LittleprincessinGOLDrocks England Thu 13-Jun-13 19:21:32

I also think the baby is actually Tommy and Tina's. It will all come to a head in court when they order a DNA test. And it will be the Christmas day special.
I will bet 4p on it!

bottleofbeer Thu 13-Jun-13 19:09:31

Oh, well it's all sorted then! grin

valiumredhead Thu 13-Jun-13 18:59:08

Interesting but non applicable as the baby is Tommy'sgrin

bottleofbeer Thu 13-Jun-13 18:54:31

If the biological father and the IP (intended parent - Izzy) fight for custody it literally comes down to who the guardian ad litem thinks will be in the best interest of the baby.

Just like any parent can fight the other for custody.

I was astounded by how it actually works when I saw it in action. You always just assume the birth mother can keep the baby - as simple as that - if she chooses to. She often can't.

valiumredhead Thu 13-Jun-13 18:49:58

How, if legally the baby is Tina's?

bottleofbeer Thu 13-Jun-13 18:45:37

Hazy legal area this one. There aren't any real laws on it in this country.

If a case like this goes to court it's basically like any other custody battle, whichever parent is deemed fittest. Even if the baby is genetically the surrogate's baby.

I know this stuff first hand btw.

ifancyashandy Thu 13-Jun-13 18:25:58

Izzy doesn't deserve that baby. She's had too much Botox.

Joe tried to fake his death but ballsed up and actually died instead.

squoosh Thu 13-Jun-13 14:07:15

In fairness, Tina's own family is just as dysfunctional as Izzy and Gary's. Her Dad committed suicide to avoid a loanshark (or was he murdered, can't really remember?), she doesn't speak to her mother, her boyfriend ran off with the woman he was pretending to be going out with in order to get her a visa.

She went out with David Platt!

(is not real. is not real. is not real)

Btw I only see this if I'm at my mums. I prefer my shows to be more realistic. That's why I watch Hollyoaks grin

I'm not sure actually. Lying under oath? Trying to get an innocent man sent to prison? GBH?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now