Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To be on Tina's side in Cornation Street

(101 Posts)
CelticPixie Wed 12-Jun-13 20:26:07

I just want her to take that baby and run as far away as she can from the hideously rough and dis functional Armstrong/Windass family. Gary and Izzy rushed into the surrogacy without thinking it through properly and their relationship is not stable. Owen is well dodgy, Auntie Katy is a selfish cow who walked out on her lovely boyfriend and father of her son for a bad boy, Anna is a fishwife and then there is Faye the spawn of Satan. I can't blame Tina for deciding she doesn't want the baby to go to them after all. He'll be dragged up, poor thing.

It's sad how involved in this storyline I've become actually. How dare Anna speak to Rita like that!

hamilton75 Thu 13-Jun-13 08:37:47

I think Anna should have been the surrogate too. Its not her age that maters it is the age of the genetic mother - Izzy. Anna wouldn't have been any higher risk than Tina really if its not her egg. That's how 60 year olds have babies.

lydiajones Thu 13-Jun-13 11:05:44

YABU - the baby belongs to Issy and Gary.

squoosh Thu 13-Jun-13 11:17:08

But it's not her baby! She's effectively kidnapped another couple's child.

Legal shmegal, it is Izzy's flesh and blood whether you like it or not, I'm shocked so many people are on the Human Tangerine's side.

(reminds self it is not real)

I too think there will be many pro surrogacy people out there feeling a bit miffed at this storyline.

wannaBe Thu 13-Jun-13 11:19:11

legally the baby belongs to tina even though biologically it's not her's.

I would never and could never be a surrogate and I don't agree with it on many levels, but I think this storyline does highlight something which is generally not talked about openly, which is that surrogates can and do change their minds. The timescales etc are ridiculous, but the issue of tina changing her mind is a real one but which is one which is pretty much not addressed.

crumblepie Thu 13-Jun-13 11:22:21

team izzy here .but surprised anna is getting so nasty thought she would try the calm approach !

valiumredhead Thu 13-Jun-13 12:37:24

Naaaah never liked Anna much, I'm not surprised.

The baby is huge for a 32 weeker grin

valiumredhead Thu 13-Jun-13 12:38:39

squoosh except is it Izzy's flesh and blood seeing as Tina the Tangerine 'grew' him? All very complicated.

NotSoNervous Thu 13-Jun-13 12:46:49

Team Tina here too

Does anyone know if she's allowed to keep him?

squoosh Thu 13-Jun-13 12:47:24

Oooooooh but it's a very confusing and modern world we live in.

(I'm more interested in Dev exposing that ratbag as the true killer).

valiumredhead Thu 13-Jun-13 12:53:25

I loathe Dev normally but he;s like a dog with a bone atm grin

SavoyCabbage Thu 13-Jun-13 12:54:07

When Tina was pushed into doing a pregnancy test at Anna's, there was some surprise that it was positive so soon. Which leads me to believe she was already pregnant with tommy's baby.

valiumredhead Thu 13-Jun-13 12:57:54

Oooooo and that's why the baby is big and came early?! So the baby is Tina and Tommy's? <claps hands with glee and relief>

I do know it's not real blush

I agree with everything the OP says about the Windass / Armstrong gang, I hate the lot of them. Whereas I like Tina. I also think that the whole thing is totally unrealistic and really badly thought out. However, unless the baby does turn out to be biologically Tommy and Tina's they should hand him over to Gary and Izzy anything else would be unbelievably cruel. Imagine the effect on the child finding out you had done that to their biological parents when they are older.

He is massive isn't he? I thought that when Tina was giving him his first cuddle the other night.

squoosh Thu 13-Jun-13 13:13:17

Yep he's remarkably hale and hearty for a premature baby!

valiumredhead Thu 13-Jun-13 13:14:15

When I gave my 32 weeker his first cuddle a week after birth his head was SO tiny I just kept staring at him hoping I wouldn't break him grin

Am I going mad or do I remember hearing that Tina is leaving? Is it going to be that it becomes too much for her to live around there so she moves away to raise him where the Windasses/Armstrongs can't find her?

Flyingtree Thu 13-Jun-13 13:46:39

Spoiler alert.

Hoping Corrie takes it all the way with a lengthy, detailed court case on what is becoming a modern dilemma. But they'll probably just make Tina run away with the baby, as it's Soapland, and because she's said in interviews she's leaving the show.

ClartyCarol Thu 13-Jun-13 13:51:17

Tina should give them their baby. Imagine having a mini Gary Windass glowering up at you from his cot?

I know nothing about EDS but is there a chance the baby could inherit it from Izzy? I don't remember any talk of screening embryos.

How is Tina proposing to pay back all the money to Owen? I'm not surprised Anna kicked off really after seeing how devastated Izzy was. Imagine if someone walked over to you, took your child from your arms and said 'I'm having him, thank you very much". This is not that much different. I know Tina gave birth to him but he's not hers to keep and she knew that all along.

I don't like any of the people in this storyline and i hope they wrap it up very soon. However if it is Gary and Izzy's (biologically) then he should be with them. The law is on Tina's side and so it should be imo.

I can't believe Tango Tina took Tommy and his smiling forehead back so willingly. He got her into this mess in the first place.

Corrie often show Izzy sliding onto a chair or back into her wheelchair and she has been shown standing more than once. I see her in my local occasionally and she stands to order her food/drinks.

valiumredhead Thu 13-Jun-13 13:53:43

Off topic but where is Tyrone's ex now? Surely not in prison still? And no contact with the baby at all?

Anna is a dick at times. Also if Faye lets it slip that Owen hit her she'll be gone. Where is faye? I like how they engineered a storyline that had her not being around so they could get their teeth into the surrogacy story without having Adoptive child abandonment issues to deal with too.

ClartyCarol Thu 13-Jun-13 13:58:23

And Aunty Katy and her turbulent love life, along with Anna's problems with Faye, have naff all to do with Izzy's ability to raise her son. Let's face it - if procreation was restricted to those people with entirely conventional and functional extended families then the human race would be in serious trouble.

She's awaiting sentencing Valium.

Hasn't Tina only been pregnant for a month or something grin

The baby imo is Izzys as its her egg. Tina was paid and used as a 'rent a womb'.

valiumredhead Thu 13-Jun-13 14:01:14

Sentencing for what though? What is she being charged with? It was all so rushed at the end of that storyline <irritated>

Anna pissed me off handing Faye over to her dad - utterly ridiculous, where are the SS in all this, wouldn't there be a case worker involved...or something?

I might have to start a whole different thread grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now