To be so frustrated that I want to just scream?!?!

(302 Posts)
ariane5 Tue 11-Jun-13 15:13:00

Trying to arrange help for when I (possibly) have an op later in the week.

All I would like is for DH to take 2 days off. Look after 2 younger dcs whilst older 2 at school, let me reat when home and the following day BUT he wants me to postpone as "needs to work" and is worried how he will cope with dcs.

Dm said she "cannot possibly" take time off. Dsis said she will 'help' but her help involves taking the baby for a couple of hrs the following day out for a little walk in his "nice buggy" with her dp to cafe/shops and that's it.
Dh said he might be ok with 1 day off and I asked dm/dsis can I go to their house so am not on my own with dcs but dsis wasn't keen on 'proper' helping as its a lot of work and wants dh to help instead.
Mil wants to know why does dh need time off-shes apparently had a similar op and returned to work the same afternoon.

I just feel like cancelling, I'm nervous anyway and nobody wants to help me.

AIBU to just feel like screaming I'm so so frustrated?

SunshineBossaNova Wed 03-Jul-13 21:49:24

Hope you're okay Ariane x

27cats Wed 03-Jul-13 20:16:20

Hope your appointment with consultant was ok ariane, and that things are moving on in a positive way for you and yours. smile

ariane5 Mon 24-Jun-13 20:24:53

I have an appt with the consultant on friday.

Have not been feeling good today, horrible stomach/period type pains.really hoping to get some answers on friday as keep feeling like this and its not nice.
Dh has put older 3 dcs to bed and taken ds2 for a walk in the buggy so that I can have a bath. Can't fault him at all he's been lovely.

Thumbwitch Mon 24-Jun-13 13:41:47

Ariane, I'm relieved to hear that your DH has finally stepped up to the mark. I hope he stays there. Glad DS2 is on the mend and I hope you are still managing to get some rest - when do you hear about the results of your op?

LuisSuarezTeeth Sun 23-Jun-13 21:19:22

Cool x

SunshineBossaNova Sun 23-Jun-13 13:19:28

That's great ariane. Big hugs x

ariane5 Sun 23-Jun-13 12:18:19

I am ok thanks. Still tired but think a lot of it is to do with how unwell ds2 has been.
Today is the first day he hasn't had a temperature so I'm hoping he's on the mend now.

Dh is continuing to help more. Everything seems to be going well.

LuisSuarezTeeth Sat 22-Jun-13 20:38:25

Hi Ariane, hope you are doing ok x

Glad to hear that your op went OK and that DH has stepped up. I hope DS2 feels better soon.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Sat 22-Jun-13 00:43:21

I'm so glad for you, OP.

SunshineBossaNova Fri 21-Jun-13 20:04:52

Sorry to hear about DS2, I hope he's feeling much better. I'm glad to hear that your DH is doing his part. flowers

ariane5 Fri 21-Jun-13 20:01:07

He has been lovely today. Much much better than usual. I think he could see how poorly ds was and how tired iam .

MammaTJ Fri 21-Jun-13 19:54:54

Sounds like he has come on in leaps and bounds in a very short time. Just shows what a bit of straight talking can do.

Glad DS2 is on the mend.

ariane5 Fri 21-Jun-13 19:51:51

Home now, having a much needed lie down!

Ds2 a bit better, his uti had obviously been v bad he had such a high temp, is anaemic and had slightly low white blood cells.he has had nurofen again and is napping.
I am absolutely exhausted. I am hoping for a day in bed tomorrow.dh has been lovely, helpful and thoughtful. He said he could have managed at hosp on his own but ds wanted bf so much that I had to go. Dh carried him round and looked after dd2 and is now cooking us dinner, and all without sulking.

xmarksaspot Fri 21-Jun-13 17:43:22

that's awful hope they get better and you too really soon angry

ariane5 Fri 21-Jun-13 17:37:23

No rest today.

Ds2 really unwell been in hospital all day. Will update later if can. Has been a very bad day I'm so so worried about him.

Eastpoint Fri 21-Jun-13 12:08:50

Very pleased it went well and hope you are continuing to rest today.

flowers

ilovexmastime Fri 21-Jun-13 12:02:40

Un-lurking (de-lurking?) to say that I'm glad it went well flowers

Thumbwitch Fri 21-Jun-13 11:23:45

Very pleased to hear you went ahead and got it done - now just make sure that you get enough rest, you don't want to get an infection or anything.

SunshineBossaNova Fri 21-Jun-13 00:47:16

Glad you're okay ariane, hope you get lots of rest and all goes well next week x

LadyClariceCannockMonty Thu 20-Jun-13 23:23:10

Fingers crossed for you, ariane, and well done to your DH (although he has a LOT more making up to do yet!)

MammaTJ Thu 20-Jun-13 22:40:46

Well done you for getting through it and leaving DH in charge, and for what it is worth, well done to DH for doing it and supporting his wife!!

Rest up as long as you need to Ariane!!

HowlerMonkey Thu 20-Jun-13 22:23:57

Glad to hear all is mostly well. Hopefully your DH will have gained some confidence in dealing with all your DC together! I'd be tempted to throw a few compliments about wrt how tidy and nice everything is. He might then decide he is the god of childcare, but it does mean he'll have less wriggle room next time you request his assistance. Just a thought.

Hope your DS2 sleeps soundly!

ariane5 Thu 20-Jun-13 22:01:31

Still feeling v tired but thought I'd update quickly.

Everything went very well (and was quicker than I had expected).feel slightly uncomfortable this evening and really tired.
Dh was fine with dcs although ds2 hjas been very unwell with high temp all day, dh took him to gp and got him checked. House was relatively tidy and things seemed calm.

Hoping to get some sleep tonight (ds2 was up a lot last night and I was worried about leaving him) really hoping that after some nurofen he sleeps ok.

I have an appt next week with the consultant so keeping my fingers crossed all is ok.nothing unusual seen today.

Jestrin Thu 20-Jun-13 17:29:06

I'm glad it went well and are home flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now