To ask if you have hairy nipples?

(61 Posts)
Cropcircles Sun 26-May-13 19:39:23

I do. I feel like a freak. How common is this?

cafecito Mon 27-May-13 01:17:02

<forgets to namechange> yes I do - no PCOS here though! I also have one hair on my chin (I'm in my twenties!) arf
and a moustache which I get threaded <twirls>

Wylye Mon 27-May-13 01:05:20

Signing in... Never been tested for PCOS tho.
Hairy nips, hairy toes, hairy top lip, hairy bloomin everything. I love my tweezers.

I'm also quite long-haired, as is DH, we used to joke we'd have Persian children. DS doesn't have a full pelt yet thank goodness, but we shall have to wait and see what fate hands him in his teens...

Cropcircles Mon 27-May-13 00:55:56

Thinkingpositively yes that's the reason for the name!

Right, sounds like I definitely need to go back to my GP for the PCOS results. Although oddly reassuring that you can also get them without.

ChunkyChicken Mon 27-May-13 00:36:17

No, but I used to get one thick, blond 'eyebrow' hair growing horizontally straight out from the centre of my forehead. It was truly bizarre. I would only notice it when.it was long enough to feel with my hand, as it was so blond it was transparent. However, frequent plucking soon got rid of the sucker...

BridgetBidet Mon 27-May-13 00:15:40

I also have the same and it is a sign of PCOS.

SinisterBuggyMonth Sun 26-May-13 23:47:12

Yep, nipples and belly. I honestly thought this was normal! I'm sure there was a comedian on tv years ago who did a routine on this.

elQuintoConyo Sun 26-May-13 23:37:35

Yes, 10-ish around each nipple. I used to have one huge monster growing out of my chest between my boobs, but that naturally went away about ten years ago. I used to pluck that one, I shave my nips.
I also have big scary ones growing out of my chin and a furry carpet on each big toe.
DH is lucky to have me!

Primrose123 Sun 26-May-13 23:37:06

No, none for me, and I'm quite hairy I think.

I'm not sure I could cope with plucking such a sensitive area. Isn't it agony?

youmeatsix Sun 26-May-13 23:28:38

never had any, i didnt realize women did until i worked with a woman who told everyone at every given opportunity she had them blush i'm not a hairy person at all though, neither is my mum or my daughters, maybe genetic then?

BarredfromhavingStella Sun 26-May-13 23:21:21

Yep, it's perfectly natural-just pluck them.

FingersCrossedLegsNot Sun 26-May-13 23:21:05

cockyfox I'm in the same boat as you, hairy bloody everything, back, bum, legs, belly and chin.....I also am lucky enough to have pcos sad oh and of course the fertility problems! If only I just had hairy nipples wink

PiratePanda Sun 26-May-13 23:17:23

Yes, a few; it's quite common.

Lweji Sun 26-May-13 23:16:07

Strangely I have a lot less now that I've had a baby.

Now that you mention it...

<checks... definitely gone>

Shame about the legs.

PesteredButHappy Sun 26-May-13 22:57:49

Yep, I have about 8-10 dark ones scattered around the outer edge of each nipple. nice hmm

KittyMcAllister Sun 26-May-13 22:56:54

Yes - no improvement after kids either confused Also got the whole lip/chin/monobrow thing going on. Attractive!

Ubermumsy Sun 26-May-13 22:52:30

Did anyone else get a hairy tummy when pregnant? Mine weren't dark, just soft and numerous and strokeable . I don't notice them now my tum has gone back to its saggy unpregnant state.

cocolepew Sun 26-May-13 22:51:53

Horace I only have them on my right nipple too.
We are nipple twins shock

Thinkingpositively Sun 26-May-13 22:45:00

is that why you are called crop circles cropcircles ? And to answer your question yes, mine have to odd hair. Actually, since i got pregnant they also smell a bit funny...is that normal too??

meglet Sun 26-May-13 22:34:32

Yes, it made bf a pain as I had to make sure I got rid of the hair even more thoroughly than before. Since I was a teenager I've had hair every-bloody-where. I must have spent a fortune on waxing and bleach over the years. Although my trusty Tweezerman tweezers have never let me down.

I was tested for PCOS as a teen but it came back negative. I've just got shit hairy genes. Pre-DC's I would go on sunbeds to make the hair less obvious.

HoHoHoNoYouDont Sun 26-May-13 22:33:38

I almost started a thread on this earlier!

Great minds and hairy women think alike.

SoleSource Sun 26-May-13 22:31:21

No Idon't!

Have a huge thick tash n beard though.

Thanks PCOS

HollyBerryBush Sun 26-May-13 22:30:58

No, but I'm a red head and not prone to any excess body hair. Although if it helps me fit in, I have one on a mole

Ubermumsy Sun 26-May-13 22:28:42

Yeah... Not many, but the few I have are long and luxuriant given half a chance. I shave (very, very carefully) rather than pluck as it saves ingrowing.

Also v hairy legs, bikini line, chin and pits. (But no tache, thank fuck.) I don't epilate, I deforest.

MythosLivetheDream Sun 26-May-13 22:24:25

Hair is the blight of my life, I feel terrible about it... Hairy nipples, hairy legs, moustache, beard, the whole lot. Depressing really...

CrazyOldCatLady Sun 26-May-13 21:52:44

I'm so hairy I'm pretty certain I'm actually a gorilla. PCOS though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now