Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to not want to go to a BBQ at 40+8

(61 Posts)
Splatt34 Sun 26-May-13 08:41:13

just that really. Text from DH's friend just now re BBQ this afternoon. Am 40+8, rather fed up and just want baby out. Not dead keen to be making polite conversation about it with his mates, or worse my waters breaking there or some such. But DH has called me a grouch & says he'll go with DD anyway whether I go or not.

Cluffyflump Mon 27-May-13 21:27:43

Oh how wonderful Mummytokatie
What a brill quote! grin
Many congratulations to you thanks x100 smile

snuffly newborn cuddles and lovely downey heads <sigh>

DeskPlanner Mon 27-May-13 22:10:54

Yeah, mummy, many congratulations and thanks . Please come back op, with your birth story. Had all my babies, so have to live all the excitement of others grin .

DeskPlanner Mon 27-May-13 22:13:43

Ooh, the op, could well be giving birth right now. So excited.

Splatt34 Mon 27-May-13 22:18:18

OP is now +9 & it seems I will be pregnant forever despite trawling around car boot this morning & helping DH erect new fence this afternoon.

Congratulation mummytokatie !!

ImperialBlether Mon 27-May-13 22:34:33

You need to drive around looking for speed bumps. That should bring it on.

Best of luck - I'm very jealous!

Cluffyflump Mon 27-May-13 22:35:26

Yep Splatt
You've missed your slot, so will have to wait till next year now.

Tell me...
Have you considered ; sex, curry, raspberry tea, going for a long walk?
<runs>

Cluffyflump Mon 27-May-13 22:36:45

Speed bumps did actually start it off for me last time!

SmellsLikeWeenSpirits Mon 27-May-13 22:44:44

Get on a swing. I was showing no signs of imminent labour, went for a walk, had a swing, had a twinge, had a baby four hours later

Swing

Loulybelle Mon 27-May-13 22:50:47

A rocking chair got me going.....

If you have a birthing or exercise ball, sit on it and thrust downwards.

partyondude Mon 27-May-13 22:55:49

I tried morris dancing at 40+9. It had sod all effect but at 14mo ds was seen dancing in the bath with two white flannels...

Good luck! Hope its not too long now.

MrsMook Mon 27-May-13 23:06:05

It was was being sent to the wrong seat at the panto that got me going first time- I was with my Brownie Pack at the time! I hadn't wanted to be left alone and convinced DH not to go to work, but my warm up symptoms died away so I thought I may as well go along that evening.

As Neil Morrisey was playing Wishy Washy, I'm reminded everytime Bob The Builder is on. DS is 2 and the memory is stirred very frequently!

Congratulations on the VBAC!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now