To hate football and the amount of TV coverage it gets...

(112 Posts)
Gingefringe Sat 25-May-13 19:01:59

Just switched on to ITV and guess what - some European cup final with two German teams!! I really dislike football and wonder whether anyone really gives a shit cares about a game like this in the UK?
Why does football coverage get preference over everything else?
I'll be on MN tonight.

Sirzy Sat 25-May-13 19:24:41

I dont like football so I'm not watching it!

I'm watching the rugby instead.

gordyslovesheep Sat 25-May-13 19:25:39

Calm down - I don't think anyone has their 'hands' on tennis grin

SgtTJCalhoun Sat 25-May-13 19:26:58

I love football. It's where our family income comes from so I kind of have to.

claig Sat 25-May-13 19:29:04

How's it going SgtColeen?

Midlifecrisisarefun Sat 25-May-13 19:29:39

DH can't stand football, he is taking his tablet upstairs to watch iplayer. I'm watching the football! grin

Justfornowitwilldo Sat 25-May-13 19:29:48

The football is the only thing I've watched on ITV for years.

grin very funny. I just think that playing sport has a point rather just watching it.
I'm on mumsnet instead of watching whatever 3.5 hour film is on smile

SgtTJCalhoun Sat 25-May-13 19:31:17

grin not quite.

I used to be married to someone who is very involved with football, so it's where the child support comes from.

cantspel Sat 25-May-13 19:36:28

Does you tv only have one channel? and no off button?

If you dont like football then dont watch it and leave those of us who do to enjoy it. It doesn't matter that it is two german teams playing in london. It is the champions league final. The two best teams in europe playing for the cup.

HeySoulSister Sat 25-May-13 19:37:14

What are you missing out

HeySoulSister Sat 25-May-13 19:37:42

What are you missing out on watching then op?

mrsjay Sat 25-May-13 19:41:27

bllody footbal on one side and dh is itching to watch formula one angry it is saturday night where is my BGT eh, I hate football with a passion F1 i just dont understand the getting exciting about Vrooooooooooom for hours on end

mrsjay Sat 25-May-13 19:41:41

bloody*

ChasingStaplers Sat 25-May-13 19:46:26

It is a pile of wank.

TBH I have actually stopped watching the TV because there's never anything on that I want to see!

GreyGardens Sat 25-May-13 19:51:02

How strange to be so worked up about such a big game. But I love football plus DP's work is football journalism, so it's pretty relevant to our lives. We even met working on a football magazine.
Not sure how a sport is misogynistic though?
Tbh if there's something on TV I don't want to watch, I don't watch it. Quite simple really smile.

needaholidaynow Sat 25-May-13 19:52:33

I hate it too - mind-numbingly dull mysogynistic crap.

Eh? How is it mysogynistic? confused

orangeandemons Sat 25-May-13 19:59:49

I wish all tv's came with a sport opt out button. It's all so tedious and I have to pay for it. The opt out button would replace the sport with a decent watchable programme.

I also hate the way these programmes have a token female presenter to pull the girls in. I don't know any of my friends or colleagues who have the slightest interest in it

HollyBerryBush Sat 25-May-13 19:59:58

You turned on to ITV. There are 4 other terrestrial channels to watch.

Why does football coverage get preference over everything else?

even I can work out I only has 20% terrestrial coverage, and 80% of the other channels will be showing something not football related.

Have you tried pressing another button and finding something you do want to watch?

ilovesooty Sat 25-May-13 20:01:47

I love football. There isn't enough of it on mainstream TV for me. I'd rather poke my eyes out with pointy sticks than watch BGT, so when it's on I watch or do something else. It's not rocket science.

ilovesooty Sat 25-May-13 20:03:48

I don't know any of my friends or colleagues who have the slightest interest in it

You really don't know one football fan?

HollyBerryBush Sat 25-May-13 20:04:03

I'm waiting for the boxing

BabetteAteOatmeal Sat 25-May-13 20:07:50

Shhhh, the footie's on.

HeySoulSister Sat 25-May-13 20:09:52

Speaking of footie..... When's the ladies final? Have I missed it?

orangeandemons Sat 25-May-13 20:10:53

Nope, only dh. I do work with a mainly female workforce. We all hate it

Midlifecrisisarefun Sat 25-May-13 20:15:53

Ladies FA cup is tomorrow...BBC2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now