to think Lelli kelly shoes are in fact the work of the devil

(123 Posts)
ChairmanoftheBored Sat 25-May-13 07:24:51

NOT toddler reins as previously suggested. The advert for Lelli Kelly shoes is just awful. Little girls running around in a completely pink set, with overpriced sandals on. But its all good, 'cos you get a free pink, flashing, sparkly cupcake with pink lipgloss in!!!!!!
Argggggg!!!!!!! What a bloody joke.
Of course my DD who is 5, now really wants a pair! That's what you get for putting on milkshake for DC on a Saturday morning so you can come on Mumsnet! Naughty, naughty Mummy. grin

JambalayaCodfishPie Sat 25-May-13 07:27:06

Yanbu. They're badly made tat! With free products that I don't want my children to have. Light up hair extension? No thanks!!!

dinkystinky Sat 25-May-13 07:27:34

Yes they are the work of the devil - my 4 year old ds2 wants a pair for the sparkly cupcake! I have said no - the answer would be the same but poss more forceful if he was a girl.

SoupDragon Sat 25-May-13 07:28:15

unicorn vomit.

Jinty64 Sat 25-May-13 07:29:18

I don't like the open toe sandals but I love, love, love the other ones. If I had a dd she would have Lelli Kelly's.

But I have 3 ds's.

So IMO YABU.

ExasperatedSigh Sat 25-May-13 07:29:32

Yes, I hate them. The adverts encourage simpering, in addition to all their other listed crimes.

munchkinmaster Sat 25-May-13 07:32:43

I saw these for the first time yesterday - man they are horrid

LegoAcupuncture Sat 25-May-13 07:38:31

I would have loved them as a little girl.

Ie bout them for my neice a few times, they are well made shoes IMO.

The adverts are very annoying though.

Manyofhorror3 Sat 25-May-13 07:39:58

I wish adult shoes came with a free lipstick and would light up.

burberryqueen Sat 25-May-13 07:40:05

my daughter had a pair and they were crap, the glittery sequins started , falling off immediately - but even back then we used to laugh at the ads together - and if it is any comfort she is now 14 and usually in wellies, not a lipgloss in sight.

They are of the unicorn vomit design but they aren't badly made. Not at all.
Dd got some of the plimsolls with her birthday money and I was pleasantly surprised at how good quality they are, you can put them in the washer and they come out like new, they last forever.

The girl in the shop recommended that I remove the insole when dd's feet grew, by doing this they lasted for two summers, went through a lot of wear and tear and I passed them onto a younger relative still in tip top condition.

Pilgit Sat 25-May-13 07:42:15

As well as being vile they are also ridiculously expensive! But as a pre teen I would have LOVED a pair and I am sure DD's will at some point.....

Limelight Sat 25-May-13 07:43:38

Everything about them is hideous. Absolutely no doubt that DD will want some when she's a bit older and I absolutely know what my answer will be. <mean Mammy emoticon>

Splatt34 Sat 25-May-13 07:47:10

my 2&2/2 year old saw them in the shoe shop the other day & announced she "needed" these sparkly shoes. I simply told her she did not!

TheBirdsFellDownToDingADong Sat 25-May-13 07:50:16

Dd now thankfully grown out of glitter, but they are very well made actually.

Like AlexReid says, dd had a pair that lasted 2 summers.

AThingInYourLife Sat 25-May-13 07:50:32

Unicorn vomit grin

They are hideous.

So ugly I can barely look at them.

And all the other girl's shoes seem to have caught whatever is ailing the unicorn - they're all glittery and sequiny and vile.

My two big girls (5 & 3) think they are the most beyoooootiful shoes imaginable.

I've resisted thus far, but I don't think I can hold out forever.

TheBirdsFellDownToDingADong Sat 25-May-13 07:51:12

(and on ebay - especially Italian ebay which I use a lot obv) last year's styles (BNIB) go for about £20 so not overpriced either really.

I just tell DD they are unspeakably awful and she's not having them. Been doing it for four years now and whilst I suspect deep down she still covets a bit of unicorn vomit on her footwear she's totally aware I'm never going to crack.

You do have to check there are no children wearing/buying Lelli Kellys before you start the boak faces and the insults though or it can get awkward.

AThingInYourLife Sat 25-May-13 07:58:31

"You do have to check there are no children wearing/buying Lelli Kellys before you start the boak faces and the insults though or it can get awkward."

grin

I know.

I'm also aware that girls at school have them.

It doesn't matter what I say about them though, they know I am wrong grin

You are my hero though - maybe there is a way to never give in to the beadiness smile

KingRollo Sat 25-May-13 08:00:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ShadeofViolet Sat 25-May-13 08:05:49

I find that Clarks Doodles are quite pretty too (and you can get them cheaper on ebay) and keep my DD quite content.

loofet Sat 25-May-13 08:06:28

Yanbu. Hideous and tacky.

OHforDUCKScake Sat 25-May-13 08:10:53

Meh, they are not much different from Clarks Magic Step shoes and we turned out alreet.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Sat 25-May-13 08:14:04

YANBU they are bloody awful sparkly, sequinny things.

Dd2 has asked for them in the past "but mummy they come with a make up mobile!"

Why the bloody hell anyone would want their children to put that crap on it beyond me!

oh dear you have inspired me, I promised the dc I would buy them some lelli kelli this summer since I started work, we have a wedding next week so timing is perfect. Guess what we are shopping for, you did advertising. grin blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now