Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to hate it when people say "can you take me in your suitcase?"

(38 Posts)
CartwrightMiss Fri 24-May-13 01:16:55

Whenever I see a status about someone going on holiday, that comment is is generally guranteed to be said by someone.

It's not original and it's not funny. Aibu?

mrsjay Fri 24-May-13 10:35:29

digerd last time we went away my dog got into the case with his tennis ball and looked as if he was saying 'lets go then' grin

Bowlersarm Fri 24-May-13 10:31:48

What a grumpy person you are/mood you are in.

It's just a lovely thing to say; making conversation/contact.

digerd Fri 24-May-13 10:29:16

Pet dogs actually get into the suitcase and look all forlorn as they know their owners are going away without them. sad .

I've never had that said to me hmm

FanjoForTheMammaries Fri 24-May-13 10:21:21

YaBaGrinch

RescueCack Fri 24-May-13 10:17:48

OP I don't think YABU. It's lame. I think facebook is making me hate irrationally...People who I think are normal in real life just come across as socially inept thickos.

*PMS disclaimer

everlong Fri 24-May-13 10:13:42

Actually your thread title made LOL.

It's one of the strangest I've seen.

mrsjay Fri 24-May-13 10:12:25

oh you are a grumpy arse grin people are just saying have a nice time I wish it was me that was going, I had some people say to me in march when we went abroad bring some sun back with you . it was snowing here, should I have got humphy chill out grin

MorrisZapp Fri 24-May-13 10:10:19

Oh honestly OP, it's just chat.

ivanapoo Fri 24-May-13 10:07:42

Excess baggage aside, many eople only take hand luggage to save on check in fees these days, for short haul anyway.

A suitcase large enough to accommodate even a small person wouldn't fit in an overhead locker.

This phrase is deeply out of kilter with modern air travel.

YANBU.

although I'd rather travel by Samsonite than Ryanair

LemonPeculiarJones Fri 24-May-13 09:55:00

OP, do you have a fear of being packed in a suitcase?

It's very unlikely to happen. Please don't worry.

Rosa Fri 24-May-13 09:54:45

Think you are being a bit OTT . Its a phrase often repeated like many others ....

cory Fri 24-May-13 09:46:00

My nephew did try to pack himself into our suitcase when we left after a long visit at his home. He is a sweet lad.

FoundAChopinLizt Fri 24-May-13 07:54:19

Just say

No, sorry the airline have strict weight restrictions, and I understand the luggage hold air pressure would make you ill.

That should do it

CartwrightMiss Fri 24-May-13 07:49:47

Oh dear op. jealous, much?

Jealous of what? confused

you saw it on a "status" as in, FB?

Not just a status, I mean whenever anyone says "I'm going to X in X amount of days" or just in general conversation.

*YABU. Chill"

confused why? I'm not even worked up in the slightest, people can express a dislike for something in a chilled out manner you know.

ParsingFancy Fri 24-May-13 07:47:24

picnicbasketcase, surely you can go as you are? Label round your handle, job done.grin

CarpeVinum Fri 24-May-13 07:43:08

It's just a lighthearted comment.

If you get to go and see new places on a regular basis to the point where you hear it all the time I can understand it might wear thin, but on the otherhand in that scenario you get to travel lots, and unless you hate it, maybe focus on the lucky factor that you get to go away lots ?

AnyFucker Germany Fri 24-May-13 07:36:11

it's inane chit chat, the kind that makes the world go around

like talking about the weather

and blummin' 'eck that wind's a bit nippy

PseudoBadger Fri 24-May-13 07:31:30

Cheer up OP - it might never happen grin

exoticfruits Fri 24-May-13 07:25:52

MN always amazes me that people over analyse simple off the cuff remarks - if you took it seriously you would be scared to open your mouth!
Why on earth does it need to be funny or original? confused

AuntieEggy Fri 24-May-13 07:06:14

Cripes. YABU

MrsDoomsPatterson Fri 24-May-13 07:04:11

I think peole who say this know it's neither funny nor original. This is part of its charm.

YANBU, it's not funny or original. However I don't think FB is the ideal medium if you want funny and original.

SamuelWestsMistress Fri 24-May-13 06:45:31

Surely it's better than saying "oh can you insert me up your vagina like some illegal drugs?"

chickensaladagain Fri 24-May-13 06:44:12

YABU

Anyone who posts on FB that they are going on holiday deserve whatever they get including being burgled

usualsuspect Fri 24-May-13 06:43:17

YABU. Chill.

Maybe you need a holiday?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now