Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

AIBU to agree with the EDL?

(265 Posts)
ItsallisnowaFeegle Thu 23-May-13 22:52:38

Can I bring the vipers attention to the fact that there is an alternative EDL who also have a mission: To eliminate racism through the power of DISCO! I shit you not.

This EDL is 'English Disco lovers' Destroy racism through the power of DISCO

I'm on my phone so fingers crossed the link works

Please join, if you're a FaceBooker and share with your friends.

*Disclaimer - I'm in no way affiliated, just a 'liker' and 'follower' and I love what they stand for wink

DoubleLifeIsALifeHalved Sat 25-May-13 21:40:14

Had been ignoring this thread as I thought it would upset me! Little did I know smile

Sidge Sat 25-May-13 21:51:08

Liked and shared!

Groovy grin

Sidge Sat 25-May-13 21:52:12

I'm thinking:

"Hey you racists don't be revolting

Put on a white suit and get Travolting!"

YokoUhOh Sat 25-May-13 21:52:59

As a long-time member of the EDL (Disco Division) and fan of four-to-the-floor, scratchy guitars and octave-y basslines, might I recommend Top of the Pops 1978 to you funky lot? It's on BBC2 at various points/times during the week and we've reached disco fever pitch with all of the Saturday Night Fever singles (Yvonne Elliman, Tavares, BeeGees).

Also, what's Daft Punk's 'Get Lucky' if not an out-and-out disco tune (featuring the fairy godfather of disco, Nile Rodgers)?

Smudging Sat 25-May-13 22:08:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sat 25-May-13 22:49:30

I'm loving the new Daft Punk song. 'tis a very Disco vibe.

Sidge, you should submit that grin

plinkyplonks Sun 26-May-13 00:38:08

brilliant :D

ItsallisnowaFeegle Sun 26-May-13 09:57:00

Good morning all you disco divas!

Can I just say a special hello if you came on this thread ready to bash the fuck out of me...*Buzzard, it's working* wink

Frankelly I'm feeling a little bit Tony Blackburn this morning, so as a special request here's the summer anthem (IMHO) of 2013

Nile Rogers collaborated with Daft Punk on most of this new album so it's definitely gonna be DISCOtastic

Buzzardbird Sun 26-May-13 09:59:11

Fantastic!

grin

ItsallisnowaFeegle Sun 26-May-13 10:17:59

Can I also just mention that Pharrell Williams can come lift my bar any fucking time and he'd definitely not need to stay up all night trying to get lucky with me! Oh he'd be up all night alright, just not trying to get some wink

We Are Family

Quite apt doncha think?

<I have floaty dress envy>

YokoUhOh Sun 26-May-13 14:41:33

Can I raise my hand and say, 'ahem, 'twas I who mentioned Daft Punk'? smile ithangyouuu

toomuch2young Sun 26-May-13 14:49:43

I LOVE them! Like the page job Facebook, always brings a smile, thank you OP for raising awareness to them.

D
I
S
C
O

thanks

TwllBach Sun 26-May-13 14:53:12

Liked and shaaaared grin

ItsallisnowaFeegle Sun 26-May-13 14:59:23

Apologies Yuko blush

I'm so glad everyone's feeling the vibe!

Disco in the sunshine is definitely Funtime! gringrin

Love this page! Have liked & shared. Off to disco with the kids now grin.

ItsallisnowaFeegle Sun 26-May-13 15:19:27

I sooo wish we had a 'like' function for comments. This is a massively positive thread and I'm loving everyone's support! grin

<throws some shapes on the dance floor>
Have liked and shared. Saw a friend has liked it too, wonder if she's a mumsnetter?

YokoUhOh Sun 26-May-13 17:17:31

Haha no worries smile don't let the haters show their muscle...make like Van McCoy and Do The Hustle!

Haberdashery Sun 26-May-13 17:19:41

Really like this. Liked and shared. And a perfect illustration of what being English/British is really all about - not race or colour or religion, but having a cracking sense of humour.

Have liked and shared.

babybarrister Colombia Sun 26-May-13 20:09:47

was about to complain but instead luuurve grin

ItsallisnowaFeegle Sun 26-May-13 20:15:06
DollyClothespeg Sun 26-May-13 22:20:01

bump (and grind) grin

ItsallisnowaFeegle Mon 27-May-13 10:29:16

Right back at ya Dolly wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now