Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to ask for positive pnd outcome stories?

(483 Posts)
CailinDana Wed 22-May-13 16:41:08

Have finally admitted i have pnd. I've had depression before so i know i have a slow road to recovery ahead. I would so appreciate anyone else's stories of how they overcame pnd. I need some reassurance at the moment.

SnoozyGiraffe Thu 19-Sep-13 19:41:52

Thanks Cailin, for starting this chat. I've just had my first baby, she's four weeks old and I've got pnd. It's really good to hear from people who've survived it because I'm quite frustrated with my lack of progress, even though everyone says it's early days.
I was just wondering if anyone had been sent to a mother and baby unit? The HV keeps mentioning it but I can't imagine what it would be like and I think it would be really hard on my OH. Sorry if I should have started a new chat confused.

Apparentlychilled Tue 02-Jul-13 13:17:27

Glad to hear it was a good weekend and that there's progress w DD!

I'm good. Lots of morning sickness and utterly wiped out most of the time, but I know that's all good. I should have my (normal 12 week) scan in about 2 weeks, so I'm looking forward to getting to that point.

CailinDana Mon 01-Jul-13 21:46:05

Hi chilled. Sorry for the slow reply. I'm pretty good. Dd is now taking a small bit of milk enthusiastically every day from a doidy cup. Not a perfect solution as it's no good for night feeds but it's better than nothing. Had a lovely weekend - went out both days and kids were in top form. Still quite anxious but managing not to let it cripple me. Still no sleep but hey can't have everything!

How are you?

Apparentlychilled Mon 01-Jul-13 21:31:45

Hi Cailin

How are things?

CailinDana Mon 24-Jun-13 17:57:56

Thanks as ever chilled. Had a good talk to dh about it and i'm going to stick with the current dose.

Apparentlychilled Mon 24-Jun-13 17:20:57

speak to your dr before you do, Cailin- I know they wouldn't have put you on anything that was bad for DD. Deep breath. One day more is nearly over.

CailinDana Mon 24-Jun-13 14:10:39

Having an awful day today. Feeling incredibly guilty about being on meds while bfing. Considering stopping meds.

Apparentlychilled Sun 23-Jun-13 19:27:51

Hey Cailin. Just a little wave from Yorkshire. Been a bit hectic the last few days w travelling home for funeral etc. am utterly pooped and kind of brainless now- suspect I shd have passed on the funeral. Thinking of you.

CailinDana Thu 20-Jun-13 14:32:22

We're still trying our best to get dd on a bottle but no luck so far.

Apparentlychilled Thu 20-Jun-13 14:26:44

sorry?!!! that's the bloody least he should have said! Did he give any reason for not warning you of this BEFORE the op? Tosser!

I know you were keen to get DD to take more from a bottle anyhow. Will you continue to try to get her to do so and see how things go (both w breast healing and dd taking to the bottle)? God help you - this is so unfair, and not what you need at the best of times.

CailinDana Thu 20-Jun-13 14:17:53

Well the news isn't great. Consultant said i'm stuck with a leaking hole in my breast until i stop bfing. The only thing i can do is dress the wound and be fastidious about keeping it clean. That means cleaning and dressing it 4-5 times a day. Which will be easy as i have nothing else to do.

On a minorly positive side he said sorry.

Apparentlychilled Thu 20-Jun-13 09:01:34

Good luck today Cailin.

Apparentlychilled Wed 19-Jun-13 16:34:10

I'm glad other people are outraged that they let themselves in too- I'm so annoyed! we're about to do some work on the house and I think we're about to take the keys back permanently, with that as a pretext. Though I'm kind of minded to say stuff a pretext and tell them exactly what I think!

Will be thinking of you tomorrow Cailin.

Kittycatcat Wed 19-Jun-13 16:16:35

Congrats on the scan,apparently. Good idea re counsellor. And ditto what Cailin said. Can't believe your inlaws have let themselves in!!!

Good luck tomorrow Cailin

CailinDana Wed 19-Jun-13 16:07:55

How exciting about the scan! Lovely. I think if anything shows you can cope it's the fact that you've battled through pnd twice to raise two lovely children and you're willing to battle again if you have to. If that's not coping what is??

The idiots at the clinic better watch out tomorrow.

Apparentlychilled Wed 19-Jun-13 16:00:08

I saw your other thread about the whole biopsy thing. I hope you kick up a proper stink tomorrow- that's really outrageous and can't be helping you or your PND. Tossers! I promise, once you start to feel better, the time will fly by and she will be an active little toddler soon. I can't believe my baby is now 20 months and storming around the house and talking (newest thing is "pick-ee err" for spikey hair: he doesn't have much but what he does have is a natural Mohican!)

Been feeling quite anxious over the last few days. Told PIL on Sunday about DC3. They were meh fine about it all. MIL has clearly told me in the past not to have any more as I 'can't cope' w my DC. Hmm, thanks. DH told them and also told them I was worried about their reactions. Arms length for the next 12 months (or forever maybe). DH is having words with them on Saturday (not least because they let themselves into my house, ninja-like, with no warning, twice this week. Not impressed.). But I had a bit nap today and feel much brighter.

Had 2nd early scan today and it finally feels real that I'm pg! So pleased. EDD is now 24 Jan and I'm nearly 9 weeks pg! Telling my (useless) family on Saturday, as I'm off home for a funeral. Am getting lots of support this time- seeing GP every 4 weeks, going to speak to MW about support and also got my counsellor on speed dial (nothing scheduled but thinking I might try to see her monthly).

CailinDana Wed 19-Jun-13 15:48:34

I'm not too bad chilled thanks. Managed to get dd to nap for a short while in her cot today and yesterday so i'm happy about that. Still annoyed about the breast thing and worried that all they'll do tomorrow is tell me to stop bfing which i would gladly do if dd would take a blooming bottle! God i can't wait till dd is a big hardy toddler like ds. How are you?

Apparentlychilled Wed 19-Jun-13 15:12:41

Hey Cailin, just checking in to say hi. How are things?

Kittycatcat Tue 18-Jun-13 08:32:21

Thats awful Cailin. Like you say you wouldnt have had it if you had known. Hope today is better for you.

CailinDana Mon 17-Jun-13 20:37:16

She'll still only take about 3oz and then cry for boob.

Apparentlychilled Mon 17-Jun-13 20:16:09

What utter bastards not to have told you that! That's outrageous!

Last week DD was talking 3-4oz, wasn't she? Any luck getting her to up that? Even from DH, if she won't take a bottle from you?

CailinDana Mon 17-Jun-13 20:05:42

Not really chilled. The site where i had the biopsy started oozing again so i went to the gp who gave me more antibiotics. I rang the breast clinic who informed me that it's "normal" for the site to leak milk and that it won't heal until i stop bfing. I was incredulous. I was not told that at the time. Basically she was saying i would have an open, oozing wound that would potentially get infected again and again for months. Why THE BLOODY FUCK did they not tell me this before they did the fucking biopsy??!! The biopsy was far from essential and i would have refused it if i had known what could happen. And of course dd won't take a bottle so it's not as if i can stop bfing. I am so incredibly pissed off.

Apparentlychilled Mon 17-Jun-13 16:22:53

hope today's been better Cailin.

CailinDana Sun 16-Jun-13 19:20:36

She was really unsettled all day, wouldn't take the bottle and is now gone to bed an hour earlier than usual. I don't think there's much point in dh trying to feed her. I'll just have to go to bed at 8 and hope she sleeps for more than an hour at a time unlike last night.

Apparentlychilled Sun 16-Jun-13 18:57:45

here's hoping DH can help w bedtime and bathtime and that a nice dinner and early bed help you feel better (even if that's only to get a few hours in before DD wakes up). How's she doing now on taking the bottle? If she's still taking some, cd DH maybe give her a feed so you get a bit more sleep tonight?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now