Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

The Rooney's New Baby 'Klay' - Brother to 'Kai'

(140 Posts)
MomsNetCurtains Tue 21-May-13 11:50:00

I've never seen Clay spelt with a K.

Maybe they are starting their own Kardashian style family. All the 'K's...

Has anyone ever seen it spelt like this?

OrlaKiely Tue 21-May-13 19:27:37

I'm a bit shocked at how horrid you were to themaltesecat, MNC. She only commented that it was unkind to be unkind about newborn babies and their names...she didn't deserve the vitriol you poured on her.

SoniaGluck Tue 21-May-13 19:31:10

I once read that in the 17th century 25% of all boys born were baptised John. That's a hell of a lot of Johns. confused

And if you do any reading about the 15th century there is a very limited pool of names. Sons were named after fathers and grandfathers, generation after generation - they are nearly all John, Edward, Richard and William. It can get very confusing. You would really welcome a Klay or a Cruz, just for a change. grin

I have come to appreciate the infinite variety of names and spellings that we get these days. Makes things more interesting and gives us all something to talk about

I mean, what would MN be like: " Oh, have you seen John and Mary Smith have called their new baby, John? Shocking, innit?"

cocolepew United States Tue 21-May-13 19:32:29

grin @Nicholas.
Hate both the names they have called their DS's. I'm sure they are gutted.

I think Colleen seems a good spud though.

cocolepew United States Tue 21-May-13 19:33:20

There's going to be loads of Klays around now.

Bumpotato Tue 21-May-13 19:39:24

moms I'm not a weegie, but married to one and spend a lot of time there. grin

NicholasTeakozy Tue 21-May-13 19:43:11

Cheers Coco grin At least I got one laugh, that's a plus, I'm more used to tumbleweed.

thegreylady Tue 21-May-13 20:09:01

klaxon

cocolepew United States Tue 21-May-13 20:14:35

I did actually LOL but don't like writing that grin

LaGuardia Tue 21-May-13 21:00:00

Kai is a god-awful name and they haven't chosen much better this time around. No class, no breeding.

Bumpotato Tue 21-May-13 21:37:49

Arf at no class, no breeding

It doesn't seem to have held them back.

MrsRickyMartin Wed 22-May-13 18:15:54

I like Key for a girl, any thought? grin

MrsRickyMartin Wed 22-May-13 18:16:30

Kotex for a boy [evil laugh]

sassytheFIRST Wed 22-May-13 18:22:51

Apparently the way some folk - celebs - name their dc with a made up k name has coined it's own new word.

Kree8iv.

Niiiice

Estherbelle Wed 22-May-13 18:48:02

In addition to Klu Klux Klan, there's also Klutz that begins Kl...can't think of anything pleasant that begins Kl at all.

"Kai is a god-awful name and they haven't chosen much better this time around. No class, no breeding."

I think Kai is a gorgeous name. It is a good traditional Norwegian name. It means pier!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now