Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think that there has been some sort of

(29 Posts)
Dawndonna Tue 21-May-13 10:11:41

very strange invasion? GM foods, Chicken and tins being dangerous, marriage between men and women the only available option because history says it's right and only being able to say privates instead of cunts.
There, a thread about multiple threads!

HeySoulSister Tue 21-May-13 10:13:11

invasion?

gordyslovesheep Tue 21-May-13 10:13:14

it's been an odd few days hasn't it - mind you ...exam leave started this week didn't it!

LadyBeagleEyes Tue 21-May-13 10:13:45

grin Dawn, there are some very weird threads about.

HeySoulSister Tue 21-May-13 10:23:53

why is it an invasion? could it not just be new mumsnetters discussing different topics?

Dawndonna Tue 21-May-13 10:24:46

Erm, because a lot of them haven't posted before.

LadyBeagleEyes Tue 21-May-13 10:27:29

I'm quite enjoying them TBH, they're interesting to say the least.
Maybe David Ickes site has gone offline and they need somewhere to go?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gordyslovesheep Tue 21-May-13 10:29:21

Maybe David Ickes site has gone offline and they need somewhere to go

YES ^^^^^ this grin

i thunked the very same thing.

why are tins dangerous?

<spectacularly misses point of thread>

Dawndonna Tue 21-May-13 10:43:23

grin LadyBeagleEyes

Dawndonna Tue 21-May-13 10:43:59

Coz you might cut yourself on it and get thingywotsitsandstuff Tantrums

If it is an invasion, I find that very sad. We used to attract a much better class of invaders.

StealthOfficialCrispTester Tue 21-May-13 11:16:25

There are some very odd threads abiut on the must mundane of subjects from people who seem to have little grip on reality. I should report but they do seem harmless ifa bit dim.
Im nkt its just the way I tyoe!

FancyPuffin Tue 21-May-13 11:17:48

Lots of new men joining as well to discuss their 'interesting' relationship problems hmm

StealthOfficialCrispTester Tue 21-May-13 11:19:01

Ok reported.
<polishes halo>

Iteotwawki Tue 21-May-13 11:24:21

Why is chicken dangerous?! Tins I get, risk of slicing hand on metal. GM foods - actually probably a serious issue which deserves discussion, but preferably with well constructed logic grounded in science (plus I hate what 1080 / Roundup is doing to NZ). Swearing - well, can be offensive but I don't really give a flying fuck about that smile

But what did the harmless chicken do?

<<joins Tantrums in missing the point>>

Tee2072 Tue 21-May-13 11:25:39

LBE I was thinking the boards were much more fun lately!

MomsNetCurtains Tue 21-May-13 11:28:36

Some of these threads are like a comic book full of Dear Deirdre of the worst bloody kind. You couldn't make some of them up.

Oh no, that's right....you CAN.... grin

LEMisdisappointed Tue 21-May-13 11:39:49

ITs a conspiracy, thats what it is!

KhaosandKalamity Tue 21-May-13 11:51:27

Yea sorry about that... I did my part. Been meaning to go back and mention that the chicken thing was a newspaper article I read back when the news came on paper, and recant that part. But threw a tanty at the lack of response to my original question and took off. I promise to maintain my status as reader and commenter rather than original poster, at least until someone steals my parking space or sneezes near my child. I did notice a small hole in my tin-foil hat, so that may be the problem. Sorry again, brew for everyone on me.

jacks365 Tue 21-May-13 12:04:24

I'm getting highly suspicious now of half the threads. There keeps being just a small detail that doesn't add up.

FeijoaVodkaStat Tue 21-May-13 13:10:33

Going by these 'there must be an invasion, things have gone a bit weird' threads, there is invasion induced weirdness every week. So actually MN is being perfectly normal.

Buzzardbird Tue 21-May-13 13:47:20

Feijoa you're not allowed to use the 'w' word!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now