Bad Language

(193 Posts)
nononsensemumof2 Mon 20-May-13 22:14:15

I started a thread about a subject close to my heart - GM Food infiltrating into our supermarkets, see GMO.
However I was bombarded with male posts, not only attacking this subject, but me personally, even using the C word.! I'm no prude but as a first time poster to mumsnet I was really shocked and somewhat disappointed that this site could be used, by men, obviously, to demean and degrade us just because they may happen to disagree.
They were presumably fathers, some of daughters, or if not, we can safely assume that they do at least all have Mothers, and I felt like a fly on the wall at the worst kind of lads night out imaginable.!
Why is mumsnet allowing this to happen despite my reporting them?
More importantly why do men feel so threatened on a site which at least unites us in parenthood, to use such derogatory and offensive terms.?
Shouldn't we all unite in achieving the best future for our kids.?
Shouldn't men loose the attitude or go somewhere else to vent.!

Mitzyme Mon 20-May-13 22:16:27

Oh God not you again.

squeakytoy Mon 20-May-13 22:19:56

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

nononsensemumof2 Mon 20-May-13 22:20:11

Ok you are happy to be abused if you 'step out of line' are you.?

JamieandtheMagicTorch Mon 20-May-13 22:21:36

Most of the people who swear on here are women. Most people on here are women

It wasn't 'male' posts, it was just posts disagreeing with you.

It's a valid debate to have, but I fear you are not an appropriate flagship for that debate.

NotAnotherPackedLunch Mon 20-May-13 22:23:02

When you say C word do you mean cunt?
We're allowed to say it here because we're grown ups.
HTH

How do you know the posts were from men? Women can get pissed off with poorly expressed opinions and scaremoungering, and they can even use swear words too.

If you don't like the attitudes you encountered may I suggest you going elsewhere to vent?

Joiningthegang Mon 20-May-13 22:23:15

Most of the responses were probably female.
I think you may have to just bow out gracefully
Bye

Onesleeptillwembley Mon 20-May-13 22:26:09

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

TinyDiamond Mon 20-May-13 22:26:13

How on earth do you know the posters were male? YABVU

KneeDeepInDaisies Mon 20-May-13 22:29:23

Oh bugger, I didn't read the GMO thread because it looked so boring but I obviously missed out. So I'll join this one.

<gets comfy. opens popcorn>

Why do you think sweary posts can only be written by males? I can say fuck and cunt like anyone else on MN (who are mainly women).

OliviaMMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 20-May-13 22:31:12

ahem, peace and love

nononsensemumof2 Mon 20-May-13 22:33:26

TinyDiamond : Read them. Perhaps it was just cos it was on a Saturday night, hopefully !?

Save all your Ahems for OP
Save all of them Ahems for She

thebody Mon 20-May-13 22:35:25

Think I read your post and disagreed with you.

I am most definatly not a man.

In my experience women swear far more than men now anyway.

Its a fucking disgrace op&#128515;

Bumply Mon 20-May-13 22:42:39

I don't agree with GMO, but you managed to make your point in the other thread so poorly that it was very difficult for other posters to take you seriously.
And now you try to make it into a gender argument?
They pulled your statements apart and must therefore be male?
The mind boggles.

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Mon 20-May-13 22:45:03

Women aren't allowed to swear? Why didn't any of you fuckers tell me?

nononsensemumof2 Mon 20-May-13 22:45:35

However judging from these posts now, it appears that a lot of women dont mind this kind of verbal and intimidating abuse.
Perhaps thats just another thing that we all need to look at a bit more closely, because in my book its not acceptable:-
a) because it can put off women who have already suffered this type of put down.
b) It would not be tolerated face to face, in a civilised world.?

tippytap Mon 20-May-13 22:47:04

<puts kettle on>

gordyslovesheep Mon 20-May-13 22:48:06

Mumsnet is an online forum - free to join - yabu if you don't expect loonies and sock puppets to haunt the place - YABU ti insinuate that all mumsnet member think it's spiffingly good fun

jacks365 Mon 20-May-13 22:48:24

What I find unacceptable is someone telling me how I should act.

gordyslovesheep Mon 20-May-13 22:49:21

anyway it's not their fault - it's all that bad DNA they are ingesting

Lj8893 Mon 20-May-13 22:49:38

Umm I read that thread and I don't see how you can tell any of the posters gender?!

What makes you think they were male OP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now