Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to ask what a mumsnet summer will hold?

(62 Posts)
gordyslovesheep Mon 20-May-13 15:49:21

So we have Feb and march - crap valentines and no present for mothers day threads

Easter is omg mil gave my child chocolate ...

Eurovision ...obviously

And the Christmas favourites mil-dinner- how much do you spend- Shit gifts

So what are the summer staples?

NoelHeadbands Mon 20-May-13 16:40:41

MAXI DRESSES

TheOriginalSteamingNit Mon 20-May-13 16:42:33

dd got all level 12 on her year 7 report, is that good or not? And is there anything I can do to support her, if it turns out that it is good. Which I don't know. Apparently.

usualsuspect Mon 20-May-13 16:42:45

Or people having a fag outside a cafe or in a beer garden gets the smoking police all riled up.

gordyslovesheep Mon 20-May-13 16:44:03

Yay ...lots to look forward to grin I have an almost 9 year old who likes to be naked ...ill love that one!

IfNotNowThenWhen Mon 20-May-13 16:45:52

Hey, doinmecleanin, I walk thru the park and scowl at dogs all year round! Bloody dogs. (runs away)

SantanaLopez Mon 20-May-13 16:47:36

Yearly attendance prizes

pollywollydoodle Mon 20-May-13 16:48:04

why can't teachers apply screen?
Dog crap in the park = bad
Crocs : does comfiness cancel out fugliness

ipswitch Mon 20-May-13 16:51:57

Should I spend a million pounds letting my DD look like a tramp for her school prom?

Buzzardbird Mon 20-May-13 17:05:06

Are capsule holiday clothes just for smelly people?

pollywollydoodle Mon 20-May-13 17:05:47

proms ...blardy American idea...why?

Is fake tan/a helicopter necessary for junior prom ?

Hay fever ...should we move exams to a different time of year ?

stillfeel18inside Mon 20-May-13 17:35:25

What about the royal baby? Hate/love the name Diana/Philip. And why doesn't Kate feel she can bf in public ffs?

MrsMcEnroe Mon 20-May-13 17:42:19

I know they are not confined to the summer months, but I'm expecting a slew of threads about the unreasonableness of head teachers for not signing consent forms for holidays to be taken during the last week of term ....

And, if we get even one day of hot weather, there will be someone moaning on here about how they hate the heat.

There will also be plenty of threads about not wanting to go on a caravan holiday with MIL ...

I remember a thread from a few years ago where someone asked if she WBU to collect her DCs from school whilst wearing her bikini. She had a pool in her back garden iirc. Turned out she meant that she'd be wearing her clothes on top of the bikini, but most people assumed she meant that she'd turn up in a bikini and flip flops and nothing else ....

SirChenjin Mon 20-May-13 17:45:18

Frizzy hair

A messy house with the youngest in and out all day long

No money, the result of increased childcare costs

2 teenagers lounging about the house alternating between being bored and needing money for their wild social lives

Some rain, a bit more rain, and a bit more rain on top of that

Frizzy hair

SirChenjin Mon 20-May-13 17:48:22

Oops, just realised that I've missed the whole point of this thread blush

I only found Mumsnet at Christmas and enjoyed all the Christmas angst. I joined specifically to comment on Shinyballsandtinsel's thread on her dreadfully behaved neices/nephews. I am still desperate to find out how things are there!
I look forward to a happy summer.
not really on my fifth name change in an attempt to maintain anonymity

scaevola Mon 20-May-13 18:01:12

What can I get the teacher for end of year present that isn't a scented candle

WilsonFrickett Mon 20-May-13 18:07:13

Year end collections for teachers - there's a thread about that already!

Starting school for the first time - AIBU to miss the precious moments when it was just me and DC?

And of course, as has already been mentioned - why oh why oh why would someone post on fb that they're fed up with the holiday when I love every second of the holibobs spending time with my precious ickle ones doing the fingerpainting and wafting? Hmmm?

HoneyStepMummy Mon 20-May-13 18:09:06

Lots of debates over end of school gifts for teachers. Someone will be insistant that teachers love to fill their home with home made crap, and another will be just as insistant that they don't. Then someone else will complain that "you are lucky to be able to afford pipecleaners to make tat with/a home/a child that goes to school".

Very very longwinded wine fueled threads about camping holibobs drama that always involve SILs and BILS.

Fights with MIL at family BBQs.

WilsonFrickett Mon 20-May-13 18:12:46

Oh, last year there was one from a single MNer who was on holidays with her kids and debating popping next door for a spot of 'cultural exchange' with an equally single dad. I LOVED that thread. But I think I went on holiday and didn't find out how it ended.

everlong Mon 20-May-13 18:19:22

Drunken bbq's hopefully wink

decaffwithcream Mon 20-May-13 19:06:42

Nothing has ever matched the heights of the woman on the AIBU supersoaker last-day-of-term thread.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsnet_classics/569630-super-soaker-etiquette-at-parties/AllOnOnePage

MrsMcEnroe Mon 20-May-13 19:50:35

I've just read that thread decaff, thank you - 'twas hilarious

MrsMcEnroe Mon 20-May-13 19:51:56

Ooh I want to know if the single MNer had a holiday romance with the chap next door...!! And I want to know what happened next!

I still want to know what happened in Shinyballs's family, there really should be an updates forum.

decaffwithcream Mon 20-May-13 19:57:41

It's the most unanimous AIBU ever, and the most persistent OP. I love the way everyone gets gradually more and more riled up trying to explain YABU!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now