AIBU to not understand the concept of tea in bed?

(134 Posts)
ChangeyMcName Mon 20-May-13 00:33:58

I've read many comments on this site about DHs bringing DWs tea in bed on a daily basis. Are people's lives actually like that? Every day?
Feel a bit hmm . We have to take turns.
AIB selfish to wish I experienced the joy of waking up to a cup of tea like so many of you seem to?
Or is this actually a myth and everyone has to make their own tea really?

(may be overthinking a tad)

Alibabaandthe40nappies Mon 20-May-13 17:12:05

Mimsy - I had forgotten, my Dad does bedtime drinks for everyone in the house who is staying, so things are more balanced in my parents relationship than I thought grin

Triumphoveradversity Tue 21-May-13 08:54:34

DH brings me two cups of tea in bed every morning. It started after I was very ill after I had a pg loss . He is not the most emotional person but it was his way of showing love.

badguider Tue 21-May-13 08:58:04

I get tea in bed at weekends, mainly because DH has been up for so long by the time I wake up (esp. now as I'm pregnant and not sleeping well at night) that he's bored and I think the tea is is way of subtly trying to get me to wake up.

icklemssunshine1 Tue 21-May-13 09:22:04

Extremely jealous. With a 22 month DD who thinks 5am is the start of the day it takes the pleasure out of drinking a coffee in bed whilst she's jumping up & down on our bed (aka trampoline) & watching Peppa Pig. Too many chin scalds have stopped coffee in bed! She will be trained!

MrsHoarder Tue 21-May-13 09:30:28

Dh brings me a tea if he's up before me and I do the same for him. He's up first most often though. Its a lovely way to wake up although this morning it was cold by the time I woke up

Dh would bring me tea in bed in the morning if I wanted, cos he is lovely. But I'd rather have 10 minutes extra sleep ...

He did buy me one of these though - Ring-for-Tea bell grin

KittyVonCatsworth Tue 21-May-13 09:47:40

I bring tea to OH every morning but every morning it goes undrunk as he's a proper wookie in the mornings. He will do anything for that extra 5 minutes.

During the day, he'll come to my desk with cappuccinos and chocolate (although he knows I don't eat chocolate, so I suspect it's for him).

gail734 Tue 21-May-13 11:09:38

My DH sometimes makes himself a cup of tea. In his head he is helping me out because I don't have to make it for him. Then he might helpfully leave the cup in the sink for me.

VenusUprising Fri 24-May-13 13:12:08

Ha ha Gail! Funny!

My DH makes so many cups of tea every day, I'm surprised he isn't made from it - I don't really drink tea, except a peppermint at night, and he makes this for me.
However he uses the same mug all day for his tea, strong stuff, with extra flavour from the mug <boak>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now