Aibu to ask where you shop for clothes and how old you are?

(256 Posts)
Yawner247 Sun 19-May-13 20:22:10

Was just wondering as I am 29 and a mother of two young children and I'm not a huge fan of clothes shopping and am by no means a fashion icon!!! But was wondering where you shop and how old you were as the shops I seem to like seem to be popular with people older than me which is giving me a complex!!! Not helped by my dh saying some of my clothes are hideous!!

I'm 34 and mostly get my stuff in Dorothy Perkins, Next and occasionally New Look or Primark. But, I'm fat so don't have a lot of choice TBH. If I were a size 10 and had a bit of money I'd probably still shop in Topshop quite a lot, or Zara and River Island.

glamstretchmarks Sun 19-May-13 20:26:12

Anywhere I find an item of clothing that I like... whether that be topshop, primark, M&S, phase eight, peacocks, anywhere...

I am 23

Gruffalump Sun 19-May-13 20:26:30

Nice of your DH!!

I am 30, two small children. I like:

Ebay
Dorothy Perkins
Asda
Sainsbury's
House of Fraser

Goodadvice1980 Sun 19-May-13 20:27:00

Age 42
Karen Millen, Lipsy, Jane Norman & Armani (probably not much help as I'm an old bird!).

Gruffalump Sun 19-May-13 20:27:28

Forgot M&S and Next and Coast for party dresses

IneedAyoniNickname Sun 19-May-13 20:27:58

Evans for trousers, primark/tesco/sainsburys for tops.
I'm 28, but size and budget dictate.

Debenhams, primark, new look and occasionally next and dp.

Yawner247 Sun 19-May-13 20:29:45

Grufalump he can be so charming at times grin!!! He has a thing about m&s and says its for nans!! But looking at the responses so far he knows shit!!! Lol!!

Nobhead Sun 19-May-13 20:30:12

I'm 32 and shop in Topshop, H and M, New Look, Miss Selfridge and I go to Primark for shoes and accessories.
Don't matter a jot how old you are as long as you feel confident, comfortable and happy with your clothes. Don't take your DH shopping he isn't exactly helpful.

Charity shops mostly. Sometimes Asda. I'm 24, no kids but there is no point in me owning anything that looks nice as it gets destroyed so quickly at work (nanny) or at scouts sad

Can't afford to buy things brand new often either sad

Talkinpeace Sun 19-May-13 20:34:28

charity shops

StuffezLaYoni Sun 19-May-13 20:35:54

I'm 28 and priorities are
1) budget
2) can I wear for work and home?

I shop in Tesco but increasingly in charity shops, too. Also, I'm big so less choice. Evans not for me as too expensive/scratchy materials.picked up some lovely tops in local charity shops recently though!

wonderstuff Sun 19-May-13 20:39:27

33. I've struggled since having children tbh. I will nostalgically wander into Topshop - be very disappointed that I'm no longer 19 and walk out again.

I'm a size 6-10, I used to be a 28DD with a flat tummy - now I'm a 28C with a wobbly belly. I have recently brought Boden, something at House of Fraser, Dickens and Jones.. I don't enjoy shopping any more, I don't have the time, the money or the figure I used to have.

marciaoverstrand Sun 19-May-13 20:39:48

46, tk maxx, tescos, charity shops, new look,even got some dresses and t shirts from lidls of all placesgrin

KD0706 Sun 19-May-13 20:39:51

I think you need to be careful with m&s as some of their stuff is quite frumpy and ugly.

But like others say, you get what you like and are happy in.

I'm 32. I like some of the debenhams collections (red herring, can't remember what else right now - helpful). Next for basics. H&m. Zara. Dorothy perkins. And I get stuff in supermarkets too.

AnyFucker Sun 19-May-13 20:43:15

mid 40's

River Island...jeans, t-shirts but deffo not formal wear because it is awful

Top Shop...t shirts, ditto

Zara

Gap...losing patience with it though as has got boring recently

Warehouse if I am feeling flush (not often)

Next for more formal wear and dresses (I hate the casual wear though...it reminds me of appliqued t shirts for busty matrons)

I am mainly a casual clothes wearer, I really really struggle with anything more formal

gordyslovesheep Sun 19-May-13 20:43:39

asda
Sainsbury's
M+S
Matalan
Next
New Look
Dotty P
Debenhams
Hobbs
River Island
Wallis
Zara

and a few more

I am 42 until Friday

notbotheredreally Sun 19-May-13 20:46:23

44 , new look ,peacocks,primark,matalan and george at asda .

SirBoobAlot Sun 19-May-13 20:47:05

22. Shop in charity shops, George, H&M, Primark and Peacocks mainly. If budget wasn't an issues, would go to Dorothy Perkins and Next.

apostropheuse Sun 19-May-13 20:48:28

Mostly Marks and Spencers or Next, but sometimes Asda, Tesco, M & Co and the occasional small independent type shop.

I'm 51.

PrincessOfChina Sun 19-May-13 20:50:32

Oasis, Warehouse, French Connection, Dorothy Perkins, Topshop.

I'm 32 and a size 14.

CombineBananaFister Sun 19-May-13 20:50:49

same here - budget and size dictate not age.

Having said that I don't like false economy/fashion following either so not primani or anything that won't wash or last well.

occasionally M&S
sainsbo
monsoon.

BellaVita Sun 19-May-13 20:51:11

Zara
Monsoon
Ted Baker
Reiss
Whistles
French Connection

sneezecakesmum Sun 19-May-13 20:52:32

got some lovely fitting jeans in tesco yesterday for only £10. Fit is so much better than more expensive ones. Basically any shop where I can drift in, grab something and out again. I hate clothes shopping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now