ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

What would you think if your DC received a party invite that had party childs siblings name on it?

(54 Posts)
CrapBag Sat 18-May-13 20:48:28

Just wondering on opinions on this one.

If your DC got an invite for a party and the invitation was for the child in the class that your DC knew, plus the name of the party childs (much younger) sibling, what would you think?

LadyLech Sun 19-May-13 01:00:59

My daughters often share a birthday party. I never send out joint invites though, the eldest sends out her invites, and the youngest invites her friends. Why do people need to know in advance that it is a joint party?

I did have one mum who turned up for my youngest a couple of years ago and said she was sorry that she hadn't known it was a joint party, otherwise she would have bought two presents. I replied that that was the exact reason why I hadn't put it on the invites - I didn't want people to feel obliged to buy two presents.

Personally, I don't see any reason to send out joint invites, unless its angling for more cards / presents. After all, writing out invites is tedious enough, why write more than you actually have to?

buswanker Sun 19-May-13 01:06:58

I sat there and wrote out 20 invites. Some were family invites and just wrote 20 the same. That's why, probably lack of sleep due to a baby and also not thinking anyone would think I wanted two gifts.
I am not grabby at all! Feel guilty now!

CrapBag Sun 19-May-13 16:41:58

"I think YABU to think this was done to get extra presents"

I am not U to think this was done to get extra presents. I know it was done to get extra presents. The mother told me as much! And she wasn't joking.

CrapBag Sun 19-May-13 16:46:47

Previous comment also to the other posters who told me I am over thinking and whatever. It isn't me speculating and I can see that many people do this without the expectation of 2 presents. However in this case, it is done with the hope that sibling will get a few more presents out of it. That is a fact.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now