to despise it when adults say "I need a wee"

(195 Posts)
PopUpWorkshop Sat 18-May-13 18:46:35

or "I'm going for a wee" or "He's gone for a wee" etc.

Can't you just go to the loo without announcing it, or just refer to it as "the loo".

Adults "going for a wee" is childish and ever so common! So there!

WaitingForMe Sun 19-May-13 21:47:54

"I need to urine" uttered by a guy I'd gone for a drink with. He then went behind a tree despite our apartment building being in site.

He then proceeded to hit on me and couldn't understand why I wasn't interested!

orangeandemons Sun 19-May-13 21:27:54

Dropping Anchor in Pooh Bay

I love that! Never heard it before!

vladthedisorganised Sun 19-May-13 20:12:02

Nobody's mentioned "nature calls" or "off to see a man about a dog" yet, have they?
I don't announce. If anyone asks, I'm off for a slash, or if Dd is asking, I'm off to the loo.

Ilovemyself Sun 19-May-13 19:24:55

If that is all you have to worry about your life must be pretty perfect lol.

RubyGates Sun 19-May-13 19:17:56

Actually, it turns out that we tend to say "pee" rather than "wee". I just noticed. grin

OP, You're still BU

FarBetterNow Sun 19-May-13 19:12:39

Long live the class system in this country.

Yabu, I'm off for a weegrin

overprotection Sun 19-May-13 19:07:28

So in summary the only sure way not to be judged negatively when you need to expel waste is to wear a nappy and do it without going to the loo.

PiratePanda Sun 19-May-13 19:05:49

Better than my ex-MIL who used to announce Loudly to all and sundry "I just need to go and empty my blaaaader"

smile

IncrediblePhatTheInnkeepersCat Sun 19-May-13 19:02:56

I'm strangely pleased that I'm not the only nipper! I wonder if I nip as a way of apologising for the fact I have to leave the room and as a implied promise that I'll be quick.

Jengnr - I can't stand the word bellend. The kids who used that word when I was in school were the same as those who found it hilarious to draw a penis in a school book.

Jengnr Sun 19-May-13 18:36:02

Anyone who says 'loo' is a massive bellend!

ChunkyPickle Sun 19-May-13 18:33:55

In adult company I wouldn't announce at all (or would say that I'm going to the toilet if I have to explain myself for some odd reason).

If DS is present you would hate me, because I pointedly tell him 'Mama's going for a wee-wee' - but in my defence we're trying to persuade him to potty train, and if I tell him where I'm going then he's less likely to roam the house yelling for me until he finds me.

WildlingPrincess Sun 19-May-13 18:20:40

I say it. It's better than 'I need to piss'. Which I'd prefer to say to be honest.

Decoy Sun 19-May-13 18:18:35

> a rough, uncultured home.

No-one serious would say that, would they? grin

Decoy Sun 19-May-13 18:17:16

Most polite is not to announce it at all!

RubyGates Sun 19-May-13 17:46:48

Titles all over the place here...
And we all "go for a wee"

Or "use the facilities" if we're, erm, taking the piss.

DameFanny Sun 19-May-13 17:42:52

grin

Dawndonna Sun 19-May-13 17:05:51

DameFanny 1 mug of tea all over keyboard. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant! grin

DameFanny Sun 19-May-13 17:04:42

Dawndonna I know it's not what you mean by granddaughter of a couple of Lords, but I can help picturing a couple of ermine-clad chaps holding hands at the register office grin

ComposHat Sun 19-May-13 14:30:12

YourMaNoBraBackOfMyCar

Going for... an Eartha (Kitt)
Droping the kids off at the pool
give birth to an Otter
putting up the ass jack.
building a log cabin
crimp one off.

KansasCityOctopus Sun 19-May-13 14:12:36

afk, IF2P

DisappointedHorse Sun 19-May-13 13:44:57

I'm a nipper! I use loo and wee interchangeably but I'd say loo if I was going for a poo.

The horror of using the word toilet and other non-U words does amuse me. Just because the upper classes say it, well it must be right.

crashdoll Sun 19-May-13 13:27:04

I never knew expressing the need to relieve oneself was such a minefield!

Gruntfuttock Sun 19-May-13 13:22:19

Dawndonna said
"If I heard you wittering about the loo and other such twee forms, I'd know exactly where you were brought up, and it certainly wasn't where you are trying to claim. You're not posh, just an insufferable snob."

which really surprised me. I say 'loo' and don't consider that to be twee at all. No, I agree that I'm not posh but I am not an insufferable snob either. Is 'loo' really considered to be a Hyacinth Bucket type of word?

Going for a Brad.
Dropping anchor in poo bay (can also be used as a gay euphemism).
Shaking the lettuce
Cracking the porcelain
Syphon the Python

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now