ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

To not contribute to manager's leaving present?

(28 Posts)
annabanana84 Sat 18-May-13 14:20:07

Manager has been with us less than a year. She is leaving (hurrah!).

She is a horrible person, and other 4 people in my dept think so too up to some degree, but I really have tried hard to include her, to make conversation etc. She talks down to us all on a daily basis, often reducing us to tears. Also, her opinion is the only one that's always right.

Now she's leaving, the whole company is doing a collection for her to buy her a leaving present, and my department are doing a separate one from us. They're asking for £5 each person which tbh I will struggle to afford anyway, but I think to myself when does it end. We do collections for birthdays, people leaving, Christmas presents, people doing charity sponsored events...it gets ridiculous and because I don't particularly like this girl, neither can afford it, I want to refuse to put any money in her collection. Am I being mean spirited?

Also, how to say I am not going to be putting any money in? I work with a group of strong willed bitches women, who won't like one bit that I am not contributing. Also, what do I do when the manager thanks everyone for present thinking I contributed, what do I say?

Bumpotato Sat 18-May-13 23:02:09

My current workplace have a good system ... No collections but just a card to sign. If a gift is appropriate the company pays for it.

Bumpotato Sat 18-May-13 23:02:40

Has

Planetofthedrapes Sun 19-May-13 07:04:03

Superglue a penny onto her leaving card - that'll learn her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now