AIBU to ask who has netflix &/or lovefilm

(33 Posts)
RedHelenB Sat 18-May-13 09:44:09

And to ask what old tv episodes are on them? I know I could do thye free trial but knowing me I would forget to cancel the direct debit & end up not really using them!

Iamsparklyknickers Sat 18-May-13 12:28:07

Are there specific shows you're looking for? I don't want to state the obvious, but don't forget to check out places like youtube. Some shows have been uploaded in parts or whole onto there so you can watch them for free.

I am basing this off a night I spent reliving my childhood watching Cities of Gold, but it's worth checking before parting with any cash.

RedHelenB Sat 18-May-13 13:26:03

We do use youtube but can't get that easily through the telly so that was why I was thinking of Netflix etc so it can come through wii. I suppose I was thinking of old things like Tenko or Dr who for ds or the first 2 series of downton abbey which I missed seeing. Not sure what dds would want. might trial one during May half term if weather carries on being awful!!!

Thanks for everybody's help!!

ellajayne Sat 18-May-13 13:34:56

I have Netflix and used to have LoveFilm. I much prefer Netflix with their layout, library and amount of films and TV shows for kids. I have American Netflix on the Xbox through the TV and British online on the laptop all through the same subscription which gives a bit more choice.

IronyFreeAnnie Sat 18-May-13 14:09:15

Netflix will have the new series of Arrested Development to stream next Saturday not that I've been counting the days or anything

SuffolkNWhat Sat 18-May-13 14:20:21

Netflix have Dr Who and Downton if that helps!

HadALittleFaithBaby Sat 18-May-13 14:51:02

We had LoveFilm and switched to Netflix. Currently watching Dr Who, breaking bad, Jonathan creek, Spider-Man, iron man....I think Netflix catalogue is pretty good personally. It's handy because I've got a newborn so if my viewing is interrupted (often!) it'll remember where you got to in the episode. Also you can register up to 6 devices so we have ps3, both our phones, iPad and my sister's wii registered for one account.

FrenchRuby Mon 20-May-13 16:36:27

Netflix has just added tons of Disney films, old good ones like Robin Hood and The Arisocats etc...

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Mon 20-May-13 18:19:58

I use t'internet on my laptop and use a HDMI lead to show it on my TV screen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now