ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

IP address finder

(37 Posts)
Altinkum Sat 18-May-13 08:57:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Altinkum Sat 18-May-13 22:09:09

Altinkum Sat 18-May-13 22:54:51

Altinkum Sat 18-May-13 23:15:42

MalcolmTuckersMum Sat 18-May-13 23:17:57

It's all a bit of a drama isn't it? BAFTAs were last week I think.

Altinkum Sat 18-May-13 23:47:29

hmm

garlicgrump Sat 18-May-13 23:55:24

I've been seriously bullied at work and it did me a LOT of lasting harm, professionally and personally. It's really hard to bring bullies to rights, especially when your confidence has been damaged and you're in the vulnerable position.

I think your friend did you a favour. I'm very glad it's been taken seriously. Ask HQ to delete this thread.

All the best!

Altinkum Sun 19-May-13 07:06:24

yegodsandlittlefishes Sun 19-May-13 07:35:59

If the bosses were to pursue the truth behind your friend's email, they might contact her at a later date. She would then be using a different IP address. If any action is resting on your account and her email alone, they will need to check her out. So yes, I can see your worry.

However, it would seem that because of her email, they are moving to some 'retirement' action for the one who bullied you. Is that right? So perhaps they talked to the bully and he admitted what s/he had done. Or, with a customer's account to protect them, others said what they saw happen. So they have witness accounts closer to hand now, and won't need your friend to get involved.
Unless the bully decides to go for unfair dismissal...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now