IP address finder

(37 Posts)
Altinkum Sat 18-May-13 08:57:44

If you send a email, can the person getting the email get your IP address from it?

Altinkum Sat 18-May-13 22:09:09

No I didn't no, and friend won't be interviewed.
I'm a liar fr knowing that my friend done this... And then I had to ive a statement about what my friend said.

So in effect, even truthful, and factually, I knew beforehand what was said, before the interveiw came about.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Altinkum Sat 18-May-13 22:54:51

I would not have had, I am only worrying as my bosses, are a IT expert, hence my worry.

the outcome even from a true witness would have been the same, my moral compass however has dented my morals. I feel as if i'm betraying my employers, as I am the one whose light is now showing to be truthful, and my colleagues not.

its right I know it is, but i still feel deceitful

Altinkum Sat 18-May-13 23:15:42

No they don't , going by today none would identify me by my IP address, as the majority of our city uses the "network".
In my extreme lack knowledgeable in IT skills, I can see I was unknowledgeable.

I can see the better good in this white lie, however it does not ease my conscious, as I'm benefiting from the lie.

MalcolmTuckersMum Sat 18-May-13 23:17:57

It's all a bit of a drama isn't it? BAFTAs were last week I think.

Altinkum Sat 18-May-13 23:47:29

BAFTAs, well yes, if only that made you cry beyond despair and make you want to leave your job, leaving you in finiancial dispute!!!

Make a mockerty as you will.

Abuse ar work s no easy fete!!!

hmm

garlicgrump Sat 18-May-13 23:55:24

I've been seriously bullied at work and it did me a LOT of lasting harm, professionally and personally. It's really hard to bring bullies to rights, especially when your confidence has been damaged and you're in the vulnerable position.

I think your friend did you a favour. I'm very glad it's been taken seriously. Ask HQ to delete this thread.

All the best!

Altinkum Sun 19-May-13 07:06:24

No it is lunatic, and thankyou for the advice.

Just hate the way I'm feeling, however I can see that this has done me good.

I don't find mocking the situation nice, as if its some sort of soap opera, its my life which is leaving me in tears.

yegodsandlittlefishes Sun 19-May-13 07:35:59

If the bosses were to pursue the truth behind your friend's email, they might contact her at a later date. She would then be using a different IP address. If any action is resting on your account and her email alone, they will need to check her out. So yes, I can see your worry.

However, it would seem that because of her email, they are moving to some 'retirement' action for the one who bullied you. Is that right? So perhaps they talked to the bully and he admitted what s/he had done. Or, with a customer's account to protect them, others said what they saw happen. So they have witness accounts closer to hand now, and won't need your friend to get involved.
Unless the bully decides to go for unfair dismissal...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now