Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

AIBU to smoke pot while cleaning house?

(85 Posts)
TheGreenGreenLadyOfOld Fri 17-May-13 16:31:18

My house, obviously, just to be clear! And I go outside to do it so the house isn't danky.
I do it for two reasons.
The first is because I have a chronic condition that can be painful, having a bit first means I ache less and can work harder for longer.The second reason is that housework is so routine it doesn't require much thought. It is a great time to let the mind wander, and let the body get on with the work.

Bumpotato Sun 19-May-13 02:30:29

A pal took an LSD then took himself off to A&E because he thought he was an orange and was terrified of being squeezed.

This was nearly 30 years ago and I still get the giggles when I think of it.

DH doesn't approve so it must be 15 years since I had a spliff. I can think of nothing more appropriate for housework than being off one's tits while doing it. I did mine last week after several cheeky champagnes, that was fun!

Eaten I know! I shouldn't actually be allowed here as I genuinely dont care what others do grin

crashdoll Sun 19-May-13 09:39:57

Get a cleaner!

TheGreenGreenLadyOfOld Sun 19-May-13 16:34:26

ha! pot is infinitely less expensive than a cleaner.

burberryqueen Sun 19-May-13 16:37:18

yeh i find a big fat spliff is great for cleaning the kitchen, apart from anything else, who wants to be a druggy mum in a dirty house? so it kind of motivates me...

burberryqueen Sun 19-May-13 16:45:37

zombie - Any parent should be teaching their kids that all drugs are just as bad that sounds like the South Park counselor going "Hi kids, drugs are bad mkaayy'
IME the most destructive drug is alcohol,yet there are countless 'drunk' threads on here for example.
Also i think headache pills are particularly destructive.

Sunnywithshowers Sun 19-May-13 16:49:10

Arf. I'd be even worse at housework than usual if I skinned up.

Back in my raving days I'd come back from dancing and clean my flat top to bottom. My neighbours must have hated me.

LoveBeingUpAt4InTheMorning Sun 19-May-13 16:54:56

Hmm wonders if this is the answer to my shithole

digerd Sun 19-May-13 16:58:28

I only need the spring sunshine to get my urges to clean my house - when the sun is showing up all the dirt,dust and grime. Just been hours cleaning my floor to ceiling 2m 50 wide bow window inside. It has many bits/ridges of white UPV and had to keep stopping as back and legs were aching.
Next thing is the glass, but not today grin

loopylou6 Sun 19-May-13 17:03:04

someone I know took a big Mac home with her and slept with it on her pillow because it asked not to be eaten ( shed had lsd )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now