AIBU to smoke pot while cleaning house?

(85 Posts)
TheGreenGreenLadyOfOld Fri 17-May-13 16:31:18

My house, obviously, just to be clear! And I go outside to do it so the house isn't danky.
I do it for two reasons.
The first is because I have a chronic condition that can be painful, having a bit first means I ache less and can work harder for longer.The second reason is that housework is so routine it doesn't require much thought. It is a great time to let the mind wander, and let the body get on with the work.

HollyBerryBush Fri 17-May-13 18:26:48

Whats a Jeffrey?

TheGreenGreenLadyOfOld Fri 17-May-13 18:27:21

Certainly not, I tried speed when I was a teen, it gave me a terrible migraine!

KittensandKids Fri 17-May-13 18:28:32

Jeffrey Joint?

If you don't smoke it constantly it does make you aware, sometimes to the point of paranoia, sometimes not, if you smoke it constantly you start not seeing the mess.

I believe

EatenByZombies Fri 17-May-13 18:46:51

YABU.
I don't understand why people think pot is "better" than canabis/heroin etc. Would you walk around cleaning while high on LSD? hmm
It's this stupid thinking that leads to so many people moving on from pot to other drugs. Any parent should be teaching their kids that all drugs are just as bad.

MammaTJ Fri 17-May-13 18:49:42

Fucking hell, come here, I'll buy your weed and you can do my house for me!! grin

ParadiseChick Fri 17-May-13 18:50:11

Speed would be a better choice, much quicker would be something that someone that isn't me would say.

ParadiseChick Fri 17-May-13 18:51:09

I'd love to smoke a Jeffery and stroke the furry wall.

deste Fri 17-May-13 18:52:01

And you need to tell us because?

HazeltheMcWitch Fri 17-May-13 18:52:01

Jeff Banks, innit?

LadyBeagleEyes Fri 17-May-13 18:52:38

Pot is cannabis EatenByZombies.
Doing housework on LSD would be interesting to say the least.

Paradise Glad someone knows grin

LSD would make cleaning the house an adventure

JesusInTheCabbageVan Fri 17-May-13 18:54:45

I know someone who may or may not have been me who used to drop an e ahead of a day's heavy housework. Really helps. Apparently.

ParadiseChick Fri 17-May-13 18:54:46

It's called a Jeffery because what could be bad about Jeffrey? Jeffery won't hurt you!

Honeybadgerdontgiveashit Fri 17-May-13 18:55:55

Highly recommended, i get right into tasks after a smoke too.
However I have given up as ttc, so I am well jel !!

ParadiseChick Fri 17-May-13 18:57:45

I'd have been useless tidying up on an e, I'd have spent the day hugging Henry the Hoover and telling him how much I fucking loved him, no really, proper fucking loved him man.

Sheshelob Fri 17-May-13 18:57:53

yoni Cypress Hill and gangster walking.

grin

That's the best part about the Jeffrey. It goes away and then it comes back.

deleted203 Fri 17-May-13 18:58:45

I loathe housework so much that my first thought on reading this was, 'Fuck - what an excellent idea if it makes the cleaning slightly more bearable! Wonder where I could buy some...'

grin

TheGreenGreenLadyOfOld Fri 17-May-13 18:59:20

If I was trying to do housework and use LSD, I think I'd end up sitting on the stairs giving the string mop a french braid grin
For the record, that it only a guess, as I have never tried LSD.
Funnily enough, pot has not led me to anything stronger at all.

SofaKing Fri 17-May-13 19:02:16

My dsis used to say she got loads of cleaning done when she took speed.

I smoke, but only want to giggle at things and eat the entire contents of the fridge. I shall have to try cleaning it instead and see how I get on grin.

LadyBeagleEyes Fri 17-May-13 19:03:17

If i did the housework I'd probably be sitting crying with laughter at the cooker because it just looked so stupid.

TheChaoGoesMu Fri 17-May-13 19:03:51

If you've not got kids to look after then YANBU. Enjoy.

KittensandKids Fri 17-May-13 19:04:09

Oh Zombie chill out.

Also known as a joint, spliff, blaze, blunt of bifter.

My DC know weed fries your brain, along with LSD, E, cocaine and heroin, oh but heroin also makes your teeth fall out and you start t a l k i n g v e r y s l o w l y

ParadiseChick Fri 17-May-13 19:09:08

Drugs are bad mmmKay

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now