To watch Pride & Prejudice on my own with a bottle of wine...

(52 Posts)
HebeJeeby Thu 16-May-13 19:11:19

DH works away during the week and I'm fed up being on my own again. Not his fault and he wishes he was at home more too. However, I'm in a bit of a grump today and to cheers myself up I'm going to watch P&P on my own with a bottle of Pinot. The BBC version (the best adaption in my humble opinion), not the Keira Knightley one.

I'm looking forward to the bit when their eyes meet over the piano in the drawing room.....

squoosh Fri 17-May-13 13:43:03

I'm sure that's one of Anne Elliott's lines isn't it CraicDealer, 'I would do Captain Wentworth every which way' grin

ErrorError Fri 17-May-13 15:49:16

I love the BBC version! Got the DVD, and recently me & DM sat and watched the entire thing in one sitting. Mum is completely shameless about her crush on Colin Firth, who would be a toy boy for her! Obviously her fave moment is when he comes out of the lake! Mine is when he first proposes, and I quite enjoy Elizabeth's rejection speech (poor Darcy!)

I've just watched North & South with my parents. DM now fancies Richard Armitage. It's the only period drama Dad can stand to watch, because there's some actual historical interest about the industrial revolution in it, and not just women in bonnets mincing about the countryside and mooning over rich men!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now