Not sure about letting SIL's OH babysit

(14 Posts)
HarrieB87 Tue 14-May-13 14:05:31

I think me and my OH are going to the cinema on Friday so he can have a trial run with my SIL there! smile

HarrieB87 Tue 14-May-13 14:04:09

Yeah you are right. I'm just over thinking things!

I will have a word, we are seeing them tonight. He's wonderful with her otherwise, and that's my only (unfounded) concern.

He has a little sister who was a baby when he was a teenager so thinking about it, I'm pretty sure he can handle it.

Thank you everyone (I love the Vicks idea BTW) smile thanks

Leave him a clothes peg just in case.

HazleNutt Tue 14-May-13 14:00:55

have you asked SIL's OH how he is planning to handle it?

oscarwilde Tue 14-May-13 14:00:51

Explain that you are concerned about his ability to deal with toddler poo and leaving the child to sit in it until you return isn't an option. If he's still game, buy him a facemask and dab it with Vicks in case he gets caught out. grin

squeakytoy Tue 14-May-13 14:00:37

I would have said if she is likely to be asleep then it shouldnt be a problem...

Most people would run a mile from poo if there is someone else there happy to take over, but would cope quite perfectly if there was no choice but to deal with it themselves!

HarrieB87 Tue 14-May-13 13:59:40

She would be sleeping, but she's a bit irregular sometimes.

I am over thinking things. Sorry blush

HarrieB87 Tue 14-May-13 13:58:45

I feel bad though because he's offered to babysit. And he is always there when my OH's mum and sister are babysitting.

I think I'm overreacting a wee bit!

Thank you squeakytoy thanks. I needed someone to talk to about it, my OH said I was worrying for no reason.

Is she likely to poo then? Wouldn't she be sleeping?

HarrieB87 Tue 14-May-13 13:50:16

She's just turned 15 months.

I have asked my parents if they would mind babysitting at our flat, no definite answer yet though.

Because my OH's mum will be drinking and his sister and they usually babysit.

squeakytoy Tue 14-May-13 13:47:46

a grandparent then?

how old is the child?

HarrieB87 Tue 14-May-13 13:46:50

We are taking her, but my OH wants to go out afterwards. So someone will need to babysit. confused

squeakytoy Tue 14-May-13 13:44:33

take your child to the party?

HarrieB87 Tue 14-May-13 13:43:45

He has offered to babysit for my OH's 30th birthday party, and I appreciate him offering because he is Tee-total and everyone else will be drinking.

My issue is that I don't trust him with my LG because he can't handle pooh! He runs from the room gagging! So my concern is that he will do that when babysitting!

I could be overreacting, but it doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Any thoughts ladies? I'm stuck for ideas otherwise. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now