woman was trying to force dd to eat a hamwidge

(513 Posts)
rosepettel Mon 13-May-13 05:54:12

yesterday i got told by dd that her mate mum was trying to force her to eat a hamwidge even thou we are veges.. dd got very upset and distressed.. im going to ring the woman and go nuts but what can i say..why would she do this she knows we are veges..im so angry at the min what would you do? woman was saying just eat it i wont tell youre mum but dd was saying no i dont want it and was crying i am so angry.. what will i do please help?

amazingmumof6 Sat 18-May-13 17:25:18

nonwidge - genius! grin

pollywollydoodle Sat 18-May-13 17:35:37

deter order a thinendofthewidge wink

pollywollydoodle Sat 18-May-13 17:36:58

dieters (deter can order his ownsmile )

amazingmumof6 Sat 18-May-13 20:16:57

imaginethat - I've read some of the Sharon and T-Rexing threads and I have to thank you for those gifts.

I don't know how to do links, but check this one out. my gift to you grin

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsnet_classics/a1672284-Whats-the-most-barking-thing-youve-witnessed-at-a-mums-group#36993859

Unacceptable Sat 18-May-13 20:37:43

Classics Rock amazingmumof6 and all the Sharon threads have me crying

imaginethat Sat 18-May-13 21:30:41

Aw thanks amazing. My favourite was the turtle boy in the baby carseat

amazingmumof6 Sat 18-May-13 21:39:04

imaginethat - my pleasure!
Turtle boy, panpipe lady and "she's too embarassed to cry" are now forever imprinted in my memory. as is Hamwidge!

any more Classics you recommend?

YoniTime Sat 18-May-13 21:49:35

You're welcome? I loved the panpipe lady too.

Shaky Sat 18-May-13 21:50:25

I am strongly feeling the need to name change to ShakyWidge

I will resist, I will, I will

imaginethat Sat 18-May-13 22:13:44

amazing my favourite was one about a woman running down the stairs naked and drinking fanta out of the fridge only to look up and see her elderly neighbours standing at the glass door clutching vegetables and looking shocked. But i have no idea of the name of it...

amazingmumof6 Sun 19-May-13 13:23:16

thanks, I've managed to put MN classics in the "my topics" folder on my phone and have set a task of reading all threads - it might be a while but if I findvit I'll let you know. do you remember when OP was posted?

btw I'm sorry for hijacking the threadwidge!grin

Gruntfuttock Sun 19-May-13 13:30:12

Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm very new to MN and haven't yet worked out how to find 'Classics' and yes, I have tried. Can some kind person please tell me?

YoniTime Sun 19-May-13 13:33:37
Gruntfuttock Sun 19-May-13 13:43:18

Oh thanks very much. I've bookmarked it. I was crying with laughter at the few that were linked to yesterday.

rosepettel Sun 19-May-13 18:24:04

yap her dds are not veges but i gave them vege pastas

CorrieDale Sun 19-May-13 19:13:11

My DCs are the only veggies in the school. DS will probably remain so, being a natural born animal conservationist and knee-jerk liberal. DD already tried sausages at school (new dinner lady) and I can easily see her tucking in once the parental yoke has been lifted . I know some of the other parents (and teachers!) think we're unreasonably forcing our children to be veggie when they should have the right to choose for themselves, which is pretty ironic given it's a catholic school! But we haven't experienced any deliberate undermining. Not sure what i'd do if we did. Probably go ballistic! The DCs know that they won't get meat in our house but they will be able to choose for themselves once in secondary school. They will also be able to drink coke and walk to the bus by themselves. (And do their own ironing but I'm soft-pedalling that one for the moment...)

Now back to the surrealism of this absolutely brillwidge thread...

imaginethat Mon 20-May-13 04:59:48

amazing I found it www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsnet_classics/796829-I-have-greatly-humiliated-myself-even-by-my-own-standards but tragically the OP has had all her messages deleted

rosepettel Wed 22-May-13 15:18:36

rolf

kotinka Wed 22-May-13 16:59:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pollywollydoodle Thu 23-May-13 00:08:03

grin grin kotinka

MiaowTheCat Thu 23-May-13 08:55:46

I just have to thank you for bringing the word manwidge into my world.

kotinka Thu 23-May-13 12:19:25

amazingmumof6 Thu 23-May-13 23:42:42

kotinkawidge that's just gross! grin
I hope that's not a relative! shock or you!!!!grin

kotinka Thu 23-May-13 23:51:55

amazingmumof6 Fri 24-May-13 07:34:27

grin well at least you have a pretty face! I say you go on a dietwidge or those stairs will collapse!

I am sending you a PM about something else, check your inbox.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now