to feel a bit put out that the man in the shop with such bad hygiene standards that a queue can't stand behind him without dry heaving and holding their breath...

(32 Posts)
nevergoogle Sun 12-May-13 20:24:03

should have a nicer car than mine?

AIBU to feel a pang of entitlement to the nice car?

nevergoogle Mon 13-May-13 21:36:32

it's a baad unwashed smell. dirt and sweat.

Ericaequites Mon 13-May-13 02:28:15

My family runs a small business. We have a few customers who smell indescribably horrid. We wonder if they just don't notice. Soap is cheap.

AcrylicPlexiglass Sun 12-May-13 23:49:25

what kind of bad smell does he have?

Booyhoo Sun 12-May-13 23:45:55

"and why is he always in the shop on a sunday at the same time as me?"

why are you always in the shop on a sunday at the same time as him? wink

evilartsgraduate Sun 12-May-13 23:41:23

As long as your car gets you from a to b why worry? It's only a hunk of metal...

Every Xmas the local fishmonger comes to see me to buy jewellery for his wife.... entire store empties upon his arrival as he can smell extremely fishy.

Even his money stunk out my register and I had to air it out.

He is a lovely man though with fabulous taste. Just honks wink

nevergoogle Sun 12-May-13 22:15:36

well two sundays in a row. but it's the only shop open at that time on a sunday.

DrCoconut Sun 12-May-13 22:10:58

We got behind a very unwashed man in the post office when DS1 was little. cue stage whispered " mummy why does that man smell horrible"?

LayMizzRarb Sun 12-May-13 21:51:25

Oh that's a coincidence, he's in the same shop at exactly the same time as you every week.

Hissy Sun 12-May-13 21:06:22

Careful what you wish for OP, had my car booked in for something, organised the courtesy car from the garage.

Bloody hell that thing stank. I sprayed the bugger till sopping with Febreze, and STILL it didn't budge the vomtastic, eye watering, windows ALL rolled down stench!

Never used that otherwise fab garage again.

Noticed it was up for sale last week... Saxo, £775 ovno...

Form an orderly queue!

nevergoogle Sun 12-May-13 21:04:57

no, you'll have to fill me in on that one too!

Euphemia Sun 12-May-13 21:04:48

What's happened to all the off licences? I never see a Thresher, Haddows, Victoria Wine or Oddbins any more.

DontMeanToBeRudeBut Sun 12-May-13 21:01:31

Ah but it's a slippery slope, haven't you read the 3yo at the zoo thread? grin

nevergoogle Sun 12-May-13 20:59:29

ah, that's not cool at all.

fwiw, i have no intention of taking this man's car.

DontMeanToBeRudeBut Sun 12-May-13 20:56:50

Said person decided that we were so undeserving of said nice car that they broke into our house, palmed the keys (and a couple of laptops, a wallet and DD's buggy) and drove off with it into the moonset, never to be seen again. Cost us a cool £1k in insurance premiums, lock changes and replacing stuff that was under-insured.

nevergoogle Sun 12-May-13 20:48:50

oh that's sounds interesting...go on.

DontMeanToBeRudeBut Sun 12-May-13 20:47:49

Maybe you should suggest a swap?

I wouldn't dwell on it. Someone a few weeks ago decided that they were more entitled to a nice car than we were, then took steps to redress the balance angry

nevergoogle Sun 12-May-13 20:42:55

my car is not good enough for me! that's the crux of the problem.
stupid car with it's not breaking down and being excellent value for money. break down dammit.

nevergoogle Sun 12-May-13 20:41:41

and lower water bills? and no friends to visit so less fuel bills?

nevergoogle Sun 12-May-13 20:40:25

his wasn't a very fancy car, but nicer than mine.

and why is he always in the shop on a sunday at the same time as me?

NinaHeart Sun 12-May-13 20:39:01

If he's that stinky he won't have a partner to spend his cash on, hence the car is his only friend.

nevergoogle Sun 12-May-13 20:38:52

he should have the shitty fiat punto x reg. not me, with my beautifully clean hair, and my freshly showered skin. i'm only using radox, it's not like if i stopped spending money on expensive toiletries i could have the nice car.

Fakebook Sun 12-May-13 20:37:24

What car was it? If it was something like a limited edition Ferrari then I'd understand. If it was a run of the mill Porsche carrera that everyone seems to be driving these days then I won't. I wouldn't begrudge a stinky man of something like that.

Sparklingbrook Sun 12-May-13 20:36:19

It will stink inside the car though.

SanityClause Sun 12-May-13 20:35:12

Well, you know they say "Where there's muck, there's brass!" wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now