AIBU to kill DH? Kill him good and proper...

(94 Posts)
MarmaladeTwatkins Sun 12-May-13 19:22:25

He is, apparently, blameless. Free of any wrongdoing. Never at fault. Here are two examples:

1. Last week, we went to Legoland for sunday and monday. On saturday night, I let our 8 month old kitten out at about 10pm then I went to bed. Before I went to bed, I said to DH "Don't forget the cat is outside." We don't have a flap installedyet, the cat meows to come in. Anyway, I wake up the next morning and realise soon enough that moggy isn't in. I say to DH "Did you let the cat in last night?" He says "You didn't tell me to" I did say he was outside. I wasn't telling you as an information service on the cat's whereabouts. It gets to half an hour before we're due to leave and I can't get the cat in. "This is your fault!" I hiss at DH. He says "Don't blame ME" hmm

2. Today, I put aload of DS's washing in, including school uniform. I ask DH to get it out and dry it on radiators whilst I take DS to a party. I get back and DH says "There was some tissue in the wash. It's all got stuck to DS's trousers" I say "Oh ok." assuming that he would have had the sense to wash them again. But no. They are drying on the upstairs radiators, with tissue paper all hardening on them. I need them for tomorrow. You think he'd have stuck them in again on a quick cycle? No. I say "Right... I'LL wash them again or else DS has no school trousers." He says "Don't blame ME" Well, actually, YOU took them out and saw that they were plastered in tissue. Use your fucking brain.

<stab stab stab>

MarmaladeTwatkins Sun 12-May-13 19:41:50

Evil Great minds think alike!

Nyancat Sun 12-May-13 20:06:09

I'm in Ireland, maybe we could both get a holiday out of it too! Everyone's a winner!

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Sun 12-May-13 20:31:14

Can I have him alone in a room for 10 minutes please?

<shines light in his eyes>

so, MrTwatkins, does the cat normally stay outside overnight?

When Marmalade said to you "don't forget the cat is outside", why did you think she was giving you this information?

So you knew the cat was out, and you knew Marmalade had gone to bed? And furthermore, you know that the cat does not stay out overnight?

So, I ask you again, why did you think Marmalade, on her way to bed, alerted you to the fact that the cat was outside?

PurpleSwift Sun 12-May-13 20:31:26

you're being ott.

Fakebook Sun 12-May-13 20:32:53

Get a drier.

fuzzywuzzy Sun 12-May-13 20:41:44

Seriously, I'd start doing the same with anything he tells you. Unless he specifically requests you act upon any information he supplies I'd just use it as information and reply 'but you never told me to'....that is infantile and ridiculous, does he expect you to treat him like an adidtional chidl about the house?

Saidar Sun 12-May-13 20:43:23

grin Hecsy

wonderstuff Sun 12-May-13 20:48:57

Nyancat I want to kill your DH for that! I would be annoyed at the cat thing, I would lint roll for the tissue, but that isn't the point, it's the depending on you for all things domestic isn't it?

'Im impressed he got the wash out' so depressing that this simple chore is in any way impressive sad

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Sun 12-May-13 20:49:08

Yeah, <cracks knuckles> hand him over, I'll break 'im.

grin

YABU.

1. You should have got the cat in yourself. Why didn't you? Had your leg dropped off?

2. The tissue in the pocket was your fault.

If you want something to kill, perhaps you're aiming at the wrong target.

Cailinsalach Sun 12-May-13 20:54:27

Ok. After all these justified killings, where will we put the bodies? Especially now that they are doing DNA tests on burgers and lasagnes?

Tins of petfood!!!

Anyone know how to can food?

freddiefrog Sun 12-May-13 21:15:03

If I can kill mine, you can kill yours.

Earlier I put some spuds on to boil for roasties. Asked DH (who was in the adjoining dining room plying Candy Crush on the computer) to "keep an eye on the spuds for me" while I went upstairs to sort out kids' school uniform.

Came down to find the spuds had boiled over, all over the hob

Asked him why he hadn't checked them to be told he had, they were boiling. Asked why he didn't remove saucepan lid/turn down heat, he replied "you didn't tell me to"

I honestly didn't realised he needed that level of detail to be honest

Lj8893 Sun 12-May-13 21:25:12

As the washing machine finished its cycle earlier my dp said....

"Did you put some of my stuff in that wash?"

Me: "yes it's mainly your stuff"

Him: "ahh brilliant because I've got nothing for tomorrow, so can you make sure when you hang it all on the airer my jeans are closest to the radiator please"

Errrrmmmmm

I've yet to take the washing out yet, an actually might not bother now!

HoHoHoNoYouDont Sun 12-May-13 21:27:13

YANBU to kill him then kill him again. grin

PetWoman Sun 12-May-13 21:32:47

My DH has done all the housework and gardening today, put DS to bed and resettled him an hour later. (I just looked after DS and MNed all day). But he has been truly horrible about it and tbh I wish he wouldn't bother and was nice instead. sad

Gruntfuttock Sun 12-May-13 21:39:39

Lj8893, I can't work out what was wrong with your dp saying that. What am I missing please?

Lj8893 Sun 12-May-13 21:41:30

I did his washing and then he just expected me to be the one to hang it all on the airer and radiators.

NicholasTeakozy Sun 12-May-13 21:42:37

YANBU in the slightest. Us blokes should at least show initiative. NyanCat, shock, just shock. Words fail me.

Pigsmummy Sun 12-May-13 21:55:08

Last night I was shivering in bed as I am unwell. Sent text to DH asking him to put heating on then turn it to "twice" setting when he came to bed (he was watching a shite film (no not "that" kind) downstairs) an hour later I still couldn't sleep due to cold, had extra blanket and socks on at this point, so I sent DH a further message asking if he turned the heating on, he bloody hadn't! I was v grumpy, I should have just got up and done it myself but thought that I would get even colder. Then to top if off I wake up less than three hours after nodding off sweating and coughing as he had bloody left it on, the house was a sauna.

His response "don't blame me"............

InkleWinkle Sun 12-May-13 21:56:12

YABU.
Or at least OTT. A few threads on MN particularly this weekend should tell you not to joke about it.
hmm

BlackeyedSusan Sun 12-May-13 22:16:36

he obviously needs more practice.

BonaDea Mon 13-May-13 04:37:43

Yanbu.

pofacedlemonsucker Mon 13-May-13 04:46:14

You texted your dh from upstairs? confused

Lj8893

And I expect you complain whenever your DH objects to you assuming he's going to do something.

Timetoask Mon 13-May-13 05:50:20

When tha tissue incident has happened to me, I find that subsequent washes do not clean it off. Best to dry and wipe off with a flannel. So your DH was right!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now