Pillow talk

(22 Posts)
Lj8893 Sun 12-May-13 13:54:41

Thanks all, I'm going to look into all the suggestions you have made!
It may sounds silly but I'm so excited to finally have a bed that looks nice when I make it!!

CajaDeLaMemoria Sun 12-May-13 13:29:20

I have down pillows, so they shake back out. They look twisted and bizarre when I wake up, but I shake them when I make the bed (most of the time!)

Would that work for you?

hiddenhome Sun 12-May-13 12:58:07

Get him a buckwheat pillow. You can scrunch the to your hearts content and then just give them a shake and they go back to normal. They're the best pillow ever smile

HotBurrito1 Sun 12-May-13 10:58:03

Does he do this with down/feather pillows? They just shake back into shape I find.

TWinklyLittleStar Sun 12-May-13 10:32:03

Get decorative cushions to sit on top of the pillows and hide them during the day, but aren't for sleeping on. Heavily embroidered or with big buttons works best.

Lj8893 Sun 12-May-13 10:29:05

What do yours look like though Caja?

I bet they don't look like my DPs, there's pillow scrunching and there's whatever he does which just ruins them!

CajaDeLaMemoria Sun 12-May-13 10:21:20

I pillow scrunch. It's the only way I can sleep comfortably.

If DP changed my pillow, or got me one I couldn't scrunch, he'd be sleeping on the sofa.

Lj8893 Sun 12-May-13 10:18:49

Mama that sounds great, I'm going to look for one of those!

mamageekchic Sun 12-May-13 10:17:34

Id go the opposite way and buy a really good latex pillow and a protector case. Couldn't 'scrunch' mine if you tried they just ping back to shape

Keep a pillow for show. Chuck his manky pillow lump under the bed during the day, then swap it with the show pillow before he goes to bed.

LolaDontCryOverSpiltEggnog Sun 12-May-13 10:12:11

DP is a scruncher, a dribbler and the worst of all a gel in hair-er. He sleeps on the bottom pillow and the pretty fluffy one goes on top in the morning.

I threatened to shave his head off if he didn't wash his hair before bed every night though, the greasy pillows just don't do it for me.

grin

Lj8893 Sun 12-May-13 10:03:12

I have a memory foam pillow and have suggested it to him but he says he doesn't like them, AIBU to threaten that if he doesn't sort it out he will end up with memory foam?! I'm joking kind off

We live in a 1 bed small flat, and there is no door between our lounge and bedroom, just a flimsy curtain so it is kind of important for the bedroom to still look really neat and tidy.

elQuintoConyo Sun 12-May-13 09:57:34

So.. buy him a stack of cheap pillows and keep the nice ones for yourself.
Better: get him to buy his own.
My DH sweats prifusely and his pillow goes yellow and minging whereas mine stays white. He buys his own pillows when he sees fit. I'm his DW not DM. Yes, it makes me heave when I change the covers and I point out to him it's time for a change, but leave it up to him. If he wants to get head rot and sleep on something minging, that's his choice.

<I'm also not house proud and have unmatching bedding>

meditrina Sun 12-May-13 09:57:32

Smother him with one of them?

PhyllisDoris Sun 12-May-13 09:57:01

1. Keep your own pillow to yourself
2. Buy him a cheap crappy pillow and only replace it when he asks you too
3. Have a spare pillow "for show" that you put on the bed in the daytime.

Is it really that important? How many people do you show round your bedroom during the course of the day?

chocoluvva Sun 12-May-13 09:56:04

My DH is the same. He folds them in half and lies on them halfway down the bed. My side of the bed hardly looks different after I've slept in it whereas on his side the sheet is untucked and scrunched up like a crinkly cheese-cloth blouse.

Memory foam pillows maybe?

Lj8893 Sun 12-May-13 09:52:23

It's a problem for me mainly because I'm very house proud, and among other things my dp is a messy bugger this is grating at me!

I think I will buy the crappy pillows but he will just ruin them within maybe 2 nights!!

Buy cheap crappy pillows. I do this too with my top pillow which is cheap.

Then have a "good" pillow to make the bed with.

Have your own pillows, leave him with the scrunched up ones. Why is it a problem for you?

DawnOfTheDee Sun 12-May-13 09:48:43

LTB grin

PhyllisDoris Sun 12-May-13 09:48:33

Provide cheap crappy pillows so that you can replace them often without worrying about the cost.

Lj8893 Sun 12-May-13 09:47:13

I have put this in AIBU because it will get the most response and I might get a laugh

I have a problem. Sounds stupid but its beginning to drive me insane.

My dp has a weird sleep issue. I don't know what he does to them but they become all scrumppled and bent and completely out of shape! I've never seen anything like it. It is impossible to get them back into shape so they are ruined! And they arnt cheap crappy pillows either, they are reasonably priced decent pillows.

What can I do?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now