Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

WIU to have eaten someone else's curry?

(63 Posts)
MrsLouisTheroux2 Fri 10-May-13 20:45:03

We ordered a takeaway consisting of lots of things including one curry.
It took 1hr 30 mins to arrive and when it did, I unpacked it & took lids off everything.

The curry was Jalfrazi instead of Korma for DC.
We dished everything up, DC went without curry. We thought about phoning back, asking for the Korma but decided to eat what was sent.

25 min later we were just finishing when there was a knock on the door, it was the delivery driver with our Korma in a bag.

I said 'thank you but we've eaten what was sent.'
The delivery driver looked stunned and said 'I don't know what to say, nobody has ever done that before. I needed to swop the currys over and take them the jalfrazi'
I said 'We had opened the tins so I doubt that the Jalfrazi person would want it after it has been opened by us.'
The driver said 'Why did you open it?'
I said 'that's what you do when dishing up, open the tins'
He said oh, ok, nobody has done that before, I needed to take it to them'
I said 'ok' and he walked off with the Korma shaking his head.sad

I feel guilty. Like I've just eaten someone else's dinner (which actually I have) but who would have wanted a 25 min old opened Jalfrazi really?

How unreasonable am I on a scale of 1:10?

LazyMonkeyButler Sun 12-May-13 15:58:15

YANBU at all! When this happened to us once - when I checked the boxes/tins/cartons/tinfoil recepticles after the delivery driver had left, I discovered that we had a random unordered curry & were minus a rice. I phoned the restaurant & they told us to keep the extra curry and sent the driver straight back out with two portions of rice and a complimentary bottle of wine! (Wine tasted shocking but was free so I may have managed to force it down wink).

In contrast though, I once ordered a chinese to be delivered at 8.30pm, when DH & the DCs were due home. They tried to deliver it at 6pm and, when I told the driver he was 2 1/2 hours early, his reply was "haven't you got a microwave?". Mmmm, reheated chips - lovely hmm.

AaDB Sun 12-May-13 16:18:04

Happened to us. They rang miss way through and we said it was delicious.

We ate the huge meal delivered to us and they offered us a few meal next time for our trouble.

Yanbu.

AaDB Sun 12-May-13 16:19:19

They rang half way through. Not sure where the random miss came from.

Delayingtactic Sun 12-May-13 16:27:57

Ew I certainly wouldn't want a meal that had been sat out for that long. If I was the Jalfrezi people I would be pretty fucking annoyed. Never order from them again. Ew.

bamboostalks Sun 12-May-13 16:32:08

That sounds a good book. What's the title?

limitedperiodonly Sun 12-May-13 16:43:56

A Big Boy Did It And Ran Away by Christopher Brookmyre. Funny crime and terrorism. Very Scottish

ThreeDudesOnABus Sun 12-May-13 16:53:47

10. I always wait an hour to eat my delivery just in case there's been a mix-up. I let the children sniff the boxes.

shewhowines Sun 12-May-13 17:04:25

No good reading it now though limited. We know the ending! smile

limitedperiodonly Sun 12-May-13 17:27:19

Oh that's not the end. It's in the middle and you know the bloke's going to die. It's not the only crafty killing either.

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Sun 12-May-13 17:35:42

This is making me feel a bit sick. I wonder how many times i've eaten a take away thats been poked at by someone else first.

TheCunnyFunt Sun 12-May-13 18:12:46

I'm a bit shock at 'Nobody has ever done that before' just how shit are they? They sound like they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery!

Softlysoftly Sun 12-May-13 18:20:11

I'd tell the actual takeaway. We as a restaurant will only accept takeaway orders if people pick them up as tramway drivers are a fucking nightmare.

Bet they don't even know he was late and then chocked it up. He will be trying to cover up his mistake by swapping them back.

Softlysoftly Sun 12-May-13 18:20:38

Tramway? ? Takeaway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now