Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

WIU to have eaten someone else's curry?

(63 Posts)
MrsLouisTheroux2 Fri 10-May-13 20:45:03

We ordered a takeaway consisting of lots of things including one curry.
It took 1hr 30 mins to arrive and when it did, I unpacked it & took lids off everything.

The curry was Jalfrazi instead of Korma for DC.
We dished everything up, DC went without curry. We thought about phoning back, asking for the Korma but decided to eat what was sent.

25 min later we were just finishing when there was a knock on the door, it was the delivery driver with our Korma in a bag.

I said 'thank you but we've eaten what was sent.'
The delivery driver looked stunned and said 'I don't know what to say, nobody has ever done that before. I needed to swop the currys over and take them the jalfrazi'
I said 'We had opened the tins so I doubt that the Jalfrazi person would want it after it has been opened by us.'
The driver said 'Why did you open it?'
I said 'that's what you do when dishing up, open the tins'
He said oh, ok, nobody has done that before, I needed to take it to them'
I said 'ok' and he walked off with the Korma shaking his head.sad

I feel guilty. Like I've just eaten someone else's dinner (which actually I have) but who would have wanted a 25 min old opened Jalfrazi really?

How unreasonable am I on a scale of 1:10?

glorious Fri 10-May-13 20:46:54

Not at all, I can't believe they came back for it. I wouldn't want an opened one, ick!

MooseBeTimeForSpring Fri 10-May-13 20:46:58

If I was the take away I'd have made another one. I don't think you were BU.

seesensepeople Fri 10-May-13 20:47:43

Very unreasonable - you let him walk away with your DCs dinner!

TwoFourSixOhOne Fri 10-May-13 20:48:02

Oh god, I feel queasy at the thought they would have redelivered it. You know your korma had been to some random house before being sent back to you?

You should phone environmental health and report them actually, because that is utterly foul.

AgentZigzag Fri 10-May-13 20:48:29

He's easily confused isn't he? grin

He should be more concerned by the fact it took an hour and a half to get to you and they then got the bloody order wrong.

Don't feel guilty it's their fault not yours and why wouldn't you open what you thought was your order?,

KitNCaboodle Fri 10-May-13 20:48:59

Are you kidding me? They were going to take the curry they'd delivered to you by mistake, to someone else? Eurgh.
And then had the cheek to walk off with your korma?
YADNBU they are.

MrsLouisTheroux2 Fri 10-May-13 20:49:30

That's what I thought glorious
'Oops, they've sent the wrong one, oh well, I've opened it, might as well eat it' Felt terrible when he arrived back and I had it all round my mouth sad

expatinscotland Fri 10-May-13 20:49:30

Not unreasonable at all.

MrsLouisTheroux2 Fri 10-May-13 20:51:05

I didn't want the re-delivered Korma either Kit There's no way I would want a curry that had been delivered elsewhere 25 mins ago!

He did not give you the Korma? He wanted to give the other customer food that had spent time at another customers house??
Surely it would be cold?

I would complain to health and safety!

Coconutty Fri 10-May-13 20:53:54

Tins? YABU

MrsLouisTheroux2 Fri 10-May-13 20:55:24

Yes tins! What are they called?! tins with lids!
Quint Yes 25 mins cold !

glorious Fri 10-May-13 20:55:57

Better have a wine to recover smile

TattyDevine Fri 10-May-13 20:57:09

YANBU

annabelcaramel Fri 10-May-13 20:57:38

Tinfoil dishes is, I think, the technical term.

MrsLouisTheroux2 Fri 10-May-13 20:57:57

glorious I know! I'm still shaking wink

MrsLouisTheroux2 Fri 10-May-13 20:58:45

Aha anna ! So that's what they are!

MammaTJ Fri 10-May-13 20:58:59

charlieandlola Fri 10-May-13 21:00:41

I would be looking for a new Indian takeaway after that experience . 1h30 wait, and then the "Swapping of cold used Curries". Awful and potentially dangerous.

Coconutty Fri 10-May-13 21:02:25

I was hoping you were going to say that you had found a dog tag in the Jalfrezi.

MrsLouisTheroux2 Fri 10-May-13 21:05:53

coconut don't... sad I feel ill. grin

diddl Fri 10-May-13 21:08:19

Bloody hell-should have given you the Korma for the crap service!

annabelcaramel Fri 10-May-13 21:09:25

Yes - but who knows where else the korma had already been?!

diddl Fri 10-May-13 21:14:47

Oh-just reread, & yes it sounds as if the korma had been delivered elsewhere & refused.

Either way-rubbish service!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now