PFB or would you be worried too?

(44 Posts)
emeraldgirl1 Fri 10-May-13 18:59:17

Aibu to be worrying about DD after her 8w jabs?

She had them two days ago, was pretty grotty the first night but ok yday. Woke a lot last night but didn't want feeding. Today she has cried through every feed as if she has a tummy ache. She had an explosive nappy (,) this morning and since then has seemed a bit constipated. She is eating about two thirds of her usual amount but it is a struggle as she keeps stopping to cry.

This evening she is rather limp sad just lying asleep on my shoulder.

Am I being PFB to be getting worried? Anyone else had similar 8w jab experience? They get hit with such a lot all at once I am in one sense not surprised if they get unwell. But I don't know any other babies in RL who have had the jabs so nothing to compare.

Zara1984 Sat 11-May-13 11:21:02

Yay OP! Glad you checked and she perked up. Apparently they tend to do that, the fresh air can bring down a temperature. smile

kotinka Fri 10-May-13 23:39:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DontMeanToBeRudeBut Fri 10-May-13 23:31:08

Late to the thread but I'm glad you had her checked out. I'm also one to not want to make a fuss but thanks to that I've had one baby in hospital barely breathing suffering from pneumonia and the other on a nebuliser sad You would have thought I'd have learned the first time.

Monty27 Fri 10-May-13 23:30:19

Glad you took her. Maybe she just wanted to go out grin

You still did the right thing though. NN x

Glad she is feeling better

AgentZigzag Fri 10-May-13 23:25:05

grin at her perking up as soon as you went to ooh grin

Don't pay any heed to any PFB accusations when it comes to your DCs health, it can turn serious quickly when they're small, always best to put your mind at rest smile

emeraldgirl1 Fri 10-May-13 23:16:53

Thank you everyone!
We took her to ooh and of course once there she instantly perked up and was cheery as anything making us look like idiots smile
Doctor was nice enough though and checked her over thoroughly, told us to give her more calpol when ready and that was pretty much that.
At least I can sleep tonight now!
She s so precious to us and I am glad I went with instinct and advice on here even if she did make me look PFB to end all PFBs!!!!

MummytoMog Fri 10-May-13 21:42:28

Mine were sleepy and a bit miserable after jabs, but I'd have taken them in if they weren't eating. Hope she's better.

Theonlyoneiknow Fri 10-May-13 21:38:36

How is she now OP?

MousyMouse Fri 10-May-13 21:36:18

agree with others, take her in.
sounds a bit like a reaction to the jabs, and dr will prob give her paracetamol and look how she does, but better be safe.

AgentZigzag Fri 10-May-13 21:31:32

Glad you're going with your instincts, you'll know better than anyone whether she's not quite right.

Nobody should make you feel stupid for wanting to have her checked out - including your DH!

Hope she, and you, are OK flowers

Pigsmummy Fri 10-May-13 21:22:09

Call and see if you can get ooh appointment, if not then a&e. Ours have a seperate paediatrics section and are lovely.

CombineBananaFister Fri 10-May-13 21:14:24

God it's bloody horrible when they are babies and ill. I would say my Ds was like this with jabs - temp went through the roof and we'd have to take him to A and E for him to be monitored, really poorly. But, it never amounted to anything he was just one of those babies who reacted badly to jabs and was fine really.

I would also be scared of looking like an idiot and bothering the doctor unnecessarily but don't be - it's not pfb, it's mothers instinct and it's underated. The doctors are NEVER annoyed about being bothered with babies and even though am sure she's probably fine, it's not worth the worry. Every child reacts different and some get really poorly, doesn't mean it's serious but doesn't mean you should be sat worrying about it either. Hope she's ok. and hope you are too.

They'll be a bloody load of drunks/idiots in A and E later and they won't give a shit about bothering a doctor.

IneedAsockamnesty Fri 10-May-13 21:00:37

If you phone the ooh number they will probably make you a appointment this evening at your local ooh clinic chances are she will be seen quicker that at a&e. with baby's that age struggling to feed they do tend to do that.

My ooh clinic is in the room next to a&e my son got a appointment within the hour and was seen on time the wait in the next room was 4 hours even the obviously not drunk unconscious man slumped on a chair was still waiting when we left.

JenaiMorris Fri 10-May-13 20:20:25

She doesn't feel right to you. That sets alarm bells ringing with me.

It's probably nothing but honestly trust your sense of unease and, like I said, take her to A&E.

Zara1984 Fri 10-May-13 20:10:36

Glad she is feeding! Don't be surprised if OOH want you to go in to hospital. We went to after hours GP and they weren't happy sending such a small baby home.

Zara1984 Fri 10-May-13 20:08:54

Take her to A&E as others have said. DS had similar reaction to those jabs too - took him in and we were in hospital for 2 nights. He was fine, just an unusually bad reaction. However he was on meningitis watch all night.

The hospital will want you to go in if she is like this, please go. It will be fine but small babies can get ill very quickly.

TwinkleTits Fri 10-May-13 20:07:36

Maybe 'limp' was finally relaxed after feeling rubbish.

Poor baby, and poor you. I clearly remember that anxiety, and when they are so tiny and delicate too.

Good for you, if you call them. Always better to be safe than sorry.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Fri 10-May-13 20:00:00

Check her temp OP...

wonderingsoul Fri 10-May-13 19:36:56

it all sound quite "normal" untill you said limp.

its deff worth getting her checked out, y ou wont be wasting any ones time xx

Pobblewhohasnotoes Fri 10-May-13 19:28:37

Glad she's feeding now. It's probably an after effect of the jabs. If you are worried call OOH. When I say wake get up, I mean strip her off, get her to cry. If shes still limp/unresponsive you need to take her to a&e.

marriedinwhiteagain Fri 10-May-13 19:22:25

You are worried. Take her to A&E and have her checked over. I personally wouldn't bother with the phone lines.

emeraldgirl1 Fri 10-May-13 19:20:08

Thanks everyone so much!
She is feeding now, much more calmly than earlier and getting thru a decent amount.
Going to give her calpol after feed.
Then will call OOH and see what they say.

BadgerFace Fri 10-May-13 19:17:24

I think as they were two days ago you should get her checked out. Don't worry about it being PFB if it puts your mind at rest. My DD was a bit limp for 24 hours after her jabs, she just ate and slept and ate and slept but she was more like her usual self the next day.

I hope you get some reassurance. It can be really scary when they are so little.

HSMMaCM Fri 10-May-13 19:16:59

Doctors really don't mind seeing babies. I'm sure she's fine, but get her checked anyway, so you can sleep tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now