To have been annoyed with the cyclists

(233 Posts)
EverybodyLovesWine Fri 10-May-13 11:44:28

On the way back from visiting a friend yesterday I was behind two cyclists in the proper Lycra gear riding two abreast.

The roads were single carriage way roads through villages with on comjng traffic, corners, parked cars etc. I was not confident to overtake but the cyclists didn't move over for a good ten mins ( where the road widened out a bit anyway).

There was a LONG queue of traffic behind me and I was getting a bit stressed, even though of turning into a side road so I wasn't first. I am not an aggressive driver but wondering if I should have beeped them. They turned round a few times so certainly knew I was there.

Just as the road widened the man behind shouted loudly at them and gestured as he passed.

AIBU to have been really annoyed with the riders (the words arrogant tossers were going through my mind) as they should have pulled over IMO, should I have been more forthright with my driving? Or perhaps I should not have been annoyed and was in fact an arrogant tosser of a car driver!

Happy Week old birthday to the thread. shock

JanuaryTwenty Fri 17-May-13 16:46:33

"But equally it doesn't say that they must not or that they can not."

Exactly.

"Happy Week old birthday to the thread."

Only a week? It's just getting going! smile

I think it will run and run.

VivaLeBeaver Fri 17-May-13 16:50:12

grin

TiggyD Fri 17-May-13 18:43:48

Could you ride two by two?
Could you ride with a gnu?
Must you ride in a traffic jam?
Must you get hit with a 'BAM!'?

I could not ride with a gnu.
I could not ride two by two.
I mustn't ride in a traffic jam.
I mustn't ride like Pan-I-Am.

Pan Fri 17-May-13 21:39:50

oh you must/could/should/absolutely/unquestioningly/definitely/categorically...ride like Pan-I-Am!!

JanuaryTwenty Fri 17-May-13 21:53:03

TiggyD.... fantastic!

Pan Fri 17-May-13 22:02:56

And Happy First Week Anniversary to the thread. It's so nice that such a long thread has produced such a meeting of minds and resolutions to problems and drivers and cyclists finally see each other's perspectives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now