Prince Harry

(231 Posts)
emeraldgirl1 Fri 10-May-13 00:02:33

AIBU to find it impossible NOT to have a sneaky crush?

Like pretty much every grown woman in America, apparently...

blush

Only a few years ago I was openly mocking a friend for her minor obsession with him.

And oh god I have just realised my mum fancies him too... blush blush

IamtheBatman Mon 13-May-13 19:51:20

I detest racism in all it's forms, and don't think particulaly highly of the royal family per se. But if you can do two tours of afghanistan and not come back a frothing racist you are probably doing ok. After having your mates or people you like/respect killed it would damage anyone. I know the stuff which seeker is referring to happened a long time ago and it isn't right but hopefully he's grown up a bit and isn't so much of a twat. As for the strip billiards who honestly gives a rats arse, he's a single man chatting up a woman and having sex! (the shock! the horror!) I personally don't care one way or the other about him to be honest. I just hope he learns to pull his head out of his arse and his foot out of his mouth. He'll probably be ok.

siezethenight Mon 13-May-13 19:39:51

www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9uMJovuA_Y

The differences between the English and the Welsh!

I am Welsh, by the way and the video is meant to be funny and a lighthearted joke... I love it. I love the English also. I have never heard that Welsh poem before, ever.
And I love Prince Harry!

allaflutter Mon 13-May-13 18:42:00

Dontmind yes, William has gone down in looks but he's not twattish like Harry, he may be a bit dull, I don't know.
See, I think Charles IS attarctive, I find him very charming when he talks, not just the voice but his manner and thinking, I like sensitivity/artistic streak - I was never one for big biceps and strappy lads. I think, I'm attracted to his personality first (as I am with most men) and he's definitely a passionate type, he's a Scorpio, and anyway look how passionate he was about Camilla, that's rare with the priviledged, took so much flack. AND he cares about countryside and art, same as me grin. Also he's in good shape, slim etc, and yes, now he's a bit too old, but I like older men if they are interesting grin. Ode to Charles, here you are grin.

DontmindifIdo Mon 13-May-13 18:26:29

Allaflutter - no, he's not attractive at all - and far too old (you are in your 40s woman, your totty of choice would surely be a lot younger than Charlie boy).

And I agree, Harry has grown into his looks, where as his big brother has gone hte other way... (lower the tone)

allaflutter Mon 13-May-13 18:23:47

Harry is indeed twattish as most of his brattish ilk, apart from William wink, seen enough of twattish behaviour in chelsea etc biscuit, but he's improved A LOT with age & with his army experience .

allaflutter Mon 13-May-13 18:19:58

Dontmind, oh yes grin! seriously, I can't see what's so off-putting about him unless he is simply not your type (and unless it's purely him being a Royal, which I admit is annoying grin, and indeed I'm not a fan of any Royals apart from the Queen.

Ideally I'd prefer him to be 10yrs younger as I'm in my 40s, but nobody's perfect grin. And whatever anyone thinks of his looks, his voice is very attarctive <swoon>.

LtEveDallas Mon 13-May-13 18:19:26

And I'm glad that I have the intelligence not to constantly harp on about something that happened in 2005 and was apologised for, simply because I haven't got anything else to whine about smile

Live and let live eh?

seeker Mon 13-May-13 17:48:09

Me too. I also have the intelligence not to excuse casual racism in a highly educated, media trained young man because "everyone makes mistakes"

ajandjjmum Mon 13-May-13 17:35:59

Quite seeker, and for some a member of the Royal Family can do no right.

Personally I have the intelligence to realise that no-one is all good or all bad.

DontmindifIdo Mon 13-May-13 16:47:50

allaflutter - you'd do Charles, really??? Really??? Can we all just ignore the racist/posh boy issue and focus on this for a second, there's someone other than Camilla who'd do Charles. <shudder>

(I do have a soft spot for a ginger, DH is one too - not got Harry's £10m in the bank though...)

seeker Mon 13-May-13 16:40:22

The bottom line is that for some, a member of the royal family can do no wrong. 'twas ever thus- the English dearly love a toff..

ajandjjmum Mon 13-May-13 16:04:16

And the people from uni might think the same about you Compo.

We're all different.

ComposHat Mon 13-May-13 15:09:59

Having spent three years at University with posh twats, I'd imagine on his own he'd be okay, but get him with a group of mates he'd be unbearable.

allaflutter Mon 13-May-13 12:13:35

Harry is a tall strappy lad physically, and is of course so well-spoken - not surprised at all at women crushing on him, especially the US ladies who like chunky dynamic men! I wouldn't say he's very good -looking facially (too red for my taste, for one) but he is fun, brave, and has a sexy body.

BUT I;d go for Charles myself shock, the sensitive soul who's quite passionate underneath, and I just LOVE his voice.

EldritchCleavage Mon 13-May-13 10:43:03

The 70s were horribly racist but I think everyone has overcompensated

I can't believe I've just read this. Honestly. Racism is, sadly, not something people used to do but have now universally stopped doing.

As for Prince Harry, I think he deserves to be criticised for some actions, but we all have to be wary of extrapolating from those actions to asserting any kind of certain knowledge about what kind of person he actually is.

Pro or anti (my own view is he is probably a bit of a smug, not v bright but fundamentally fairly nice upper class bloke, and I'd find him quite shaggable if I were a 20-something), we just don't know him.

WannaBeANinja Mon 13-May-13 10:15:30

I'd stills go for a pint and a natter with him smile

giveitago Sun 12-May-13 19:52:06

my view is that that he's used a horribly offensive term. He's not surrounded by normal society but by toffs.

I'd hope that with all the bad publcity in the newspapers he's finally understood that the words he used is offensive to citizens of this country.

He's part of a family that has very little access to the subjects they rule over.

thezebrawearspurple Sun 12-May-13 18:14:57

He's very good looking, has a good body, looks full of personality, fun and seems down to earth despite his upbringing. I admit to a bit of a crush on him too, he's very attractive.

I wouldn't judge him on the basis of distortions of truth, exaggeration and probable lies coming from the tabloids. I know someone very famous and have seen the huge gulf between public persona (and media lies) and the reality. The most innocent of interactions/situations can be taken out of context and exaggerated and distorted to make anyone look like a horrible person.

Considering the microscope he was raised under, he seems to have turned out very well.

seeker Sun 12-May-13 17:52:56

Well, that's all right then!

LtEveDallas Sun 12-May-13 17:51:11

It seems it was a nickname given to him by his Polo Club, not the Royal Family Telegraph

TSSDNCOP Sun 12-May-13 17:29:46

Perhaps it wasn't the RF that came up with the nickname in the first place. Perhaps it's a derivation of the persons name. Perhaps it's a nickname he uses himself. Who knows? But it makes better copy to insinuate racist undertones, so perhaps that's why the papers printed it.

seeker Sun 12-May-13 16:28:09

And I do wonder, just a bit, if you were somebody employed but the royal Family and they decided that your nickname was "Sooty" whether you would feel able to ask them not to?

And why on earth did they think Sooty was an appropriate nick name anyway?

seeker Sun 12-May-13 16:26:14

Nope- the somebody obviously read the same papers.

I just find it bizarre that an educated, modern young man would say any of those things. Particularly an educated, modern young man who had extensive media training!

ajandjjmum Sun 12-May-13 15:15:44

But a little bit of context ruins a good story! grin

LtEveDallas Sun 12-May-13 15:06:06

Firstly it's Stephen K Amos, secondly that story was also in 2008 and came up on the Wright Stuff of all places. Matthew Wright is hardly a paragon of virtue...

But Mr Amos says himself: Telegraph

And here's an amusing anecdote from the man himself:

Amos has previously spoken of how Prince Philip jokingly told him he could have Lenny Henry killed to help his career. He met the Duke Of Edinburgh after a Royal Variety performance in which he had quipped that the BBC could only employ one black comedian at a time, so he would have to wait for Henry to die for his big chance.

The Prince said: ‘So you’re the chap who wants Lenny Henry to die? That can be arranged…’

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now