Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think that there should not be (another) hair in my ready meal from a relatively posh supermarket?

(34 Posts)
mameulah Thu 09-May-13 22:10:46

So, this afternoon I bought a more expensive type ready meal from the upmarket orange type supermarket and there was a hair in it.

WWYD bearing in mind two months ago there was a hair in a bag of poppadoms I bought from the green type supermarket. I sent them back and they sent a very nice apology and a ten pound voucher. To be honest the letter of apology would have been better on its own. Bearing in mind all the terrible publicity pre packaged food has had of late a ten pound voucher seemed lame.

Bin and who cares or what?

And no I didn't finish my meal.

mameulah Thu 09-May-13 23:49:38

Okay, I shouldn't have said 'posh' I should have said 'more expensive' and I have a pfb so I decided to purchase a ready meal because frankly I am knackered and could have done without having a hair in it.

ivykaty44 Thu 09-May-13 23:50:08

You need to see Ann wink

MaryMotherOfCheeses Thu 09-May-13 23:59:00

Ann??? Who TF is Ann???

So what sort of ready meal was it OP? We call them ping dinners here.

K8Middleton Fri 10-May-13 00:10:06

Are you sure it wasn't the bristle off a pastry brush or similar?

Arf at Sainbo's being posh grin

Isityouorme Fri 10-May-13 05:08:25

Sainsburys isn't posh or upmarket hmm

nonamenewname Fri 10-May-13 10:38:48

Oh, ffs. Sainsburys isn't Waitrose (or the flaming food hall at Selfridges), obviously, but it's also clearly not Asda.

Not that it would be OK for Asda to fill their ready meals with hair either, obviously.

Also, YABU to buy, eat, or expect hairlessness from a ready meal.

nonamenewname Fri 10-May-13 10:39:22

Few too many 'obviously's there. blush

ivykaty44 Fri 10-May-13 11:05:40

summers

ryanboy Fri 10-May-13 13:02:27

posh ready meals !!!
When I was a student I worked in a ready meal factory .I can tell you during the course of a day the label would change many times , but not the product

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now