to have taken my baby into an outpatients waiting room?

(127 Posts)
FannysYourAunt Thu 09-May-13 18:12:28

DH had an appointment at the ENT department of our nearest hospital, around an hour away from us.

He doesnt drive so I picked him up from work and took him to the hospital with our dd, 12 months. When we got there the waiting room was packed full so we took a seat. Dd is very ahem, vocal at the minute so was doing a LOT of loud babbling, not crying or shouting just baby chatter.

The amount of dirty looks and tuts I got were unbelieveable, I could help but wished I had stayed in the car.

Was I being unreasonable.. Is it the done thing notto take young babies to these places or was these people being grumpy?

Grateful for any replies as DH has a few of these appointments in the near future..

JamieandtheMagicTorch Sat 11-May-13 20:21:28

Well I think we'll have to agree to disagree.

SirChenjin Sat 11-May-13 20:22:32

I've been visiting ENT departments since I was a toddler, thanks to meningitis at 18 months, and have waited for all sorts of results. I don't need peace and quiet anymore than anyone else, but I have noticed that a lot of people in ENT waiting rooms tend to be elderly for obvious reasons, and therefore prone to tutting over the little things - esp. as babies and children that make a noise didn't exist in their day.

YANBU OP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now