to be very hacked off with Royal Mail?

(29 Posts)

I sent Wilf's college medical staff his repeat prescription by recorded delivery first class last Thursday and it still hasnt arrived.
I know it was a BH weekend but i always thought fc letters got there the next day. I have been tracking it and it just says it is travelling through their system. I have been hassling them on Twitter and they just say "Sorry hope it gets to you soon" hmm

IcaMorgan Thankyou for that. I have just rang RM's Customer Services and logged a complaint. I spoke to a very nice man who assured me he would pass my complaint on to the area manager in Kent. He is also sending me a book of six first class stamps which is more than what i paid for the recorded delivery!smile

HoHoHoNoYouDont Fri 10-May-13 10:49:34

I am going to praise RM now because I actually think they do a good job. Yes, they cock up from time to time but on the whole they provide a really good service. Well, imo anyway.

I use them A LOT. Due to their recent price hikes I briefly moved over to a courier company but had nothing but trouble with them. I have now moved the majority of the business back over to RM.

MrsKwazii Fri 10-May-13 10:42:03

First class can take up to three working days now apparently. I think RM want to push more people to (much more expensive) special delivery for next day stuff. As if their prices aren't high enough already. Glad it's arrived now though OP

kmdwestyorks Fri 10-May-13 10:36:45

Never ever trust royal mail with anything urgent, fragile or valuable. we do still have a postal system better than some countries but ours is also getting much less reliable.

Dh's business depends on the RM and he longer uses recorded first class delivery for exactly the reasons above, your prescription would have got there quicker in second class post.

Its also amazing how valuable things seem to go missing more often that inexpensive items

IcaMorgan Fri 10-May-13 10:25:42

if it doesnt show as signed for you can claim the recorded charge back

RM have replied to my tweets and asked again for my reference number. I won't hold my breath............

tiggytape Fri 10-May-13 09:12:48

Are you sure it hasn't arrived?
They don't always get a signature for recorded (even though they're supposed to) which means the system will never be updated to show it has been delivered even though it has been.

Chavvytastic Fri 10-May-13 09:10:30

1st class is not worth the cost these days - whatever stamp you buy its "pot luck class".

I tend to send everything 2nd class and some stuff arrives within 2 days and other stuff in a week.

bubblesinthesky Fri 10-May-13 09:06:53

Good glad its finally got there.

Afraid its typical of the royal mail these days. My mum sent me something first class last Monday and it finally turned up on Tuesday this week. It was some legal paper work I needed so sign and return so not impressed. Luckily it was not time critical.

I have tweeted them and they suddenly aren't so keen to reply to my tweets! (Wonder why....??hmm) I have also via Twitter got the email of the ceo of RM and have emailed her too! grin

Sirzy Fri 10-May-13 08:33:11

Well said bubbles.

Glad it has finally arrived Lottie!

Royal Mail apparently delivered the prescription yesterday but failed to update their records as it still says it is in the system...........Another Tweet will be winging it's way now!!

Thank you ladies for your support..........Yes the fish oils do help Wilf very much!

bubblesinthesky Thu 09-May-13 20:20:29

sorry sould have addressed my post to arealman not arealmum - apologies

InkleWinkle Thu 09-May-13 20:03:56

Well said Bubbles

bubblesinthesky Thu 09-May-13 19:48:51

arealmum Lottie isn't just randomly giving her son fish oil because she wants to supplement his diet. He has some serious lifelong medical problems which fish oil help to control the symptoms of.

Lottie has been her sons carer for a long time and as such does not have a high income so something like fish oil would make a big dent in her bank balance.

I for one do not begrudge her son fish oil prescriptions. If his symptoms are controlled and helped by such a simple prescription it will probably save the NHS a lot in the long run.

Lottie I hope I've got all of that right and I have not offended you in anyway. I just wanted to make it clear there is a good reason for the prescription

Yes arealman fish oils on prescription...................They help my son tremendously with his problems and i couldnt afford to buy them over the counter.

mingtea Thu 09-May-13 18:24:49

Mm, dunno if it's been a common thing across the country but I was expecting something urgent on Tuesday (was posted 1st class on Friday) and it only arrived today!

magimedi Thu 09-May-13 17:52:26

Am I right in thinking that there has been some sort of strike at part of the RM this week?? Maybe that's why it's all taken so long.

Really?.... fish oil? On prescription? ffs.. no wonder the NHS is falling apart.

Really?.... fish oil? On prescription? ffs.. no wonder the NHS is falling apart.

JeeanieYuss Thu 09-May-13 17:47:31

It shouldn't make a difference whats in it, it's the principal surely!

I suppose so but it's the fact that they have been so meh about it! It's a good job it isnt an emergency. I think i will be emailing Moya Greene if it isnt there by tomorrow!

ipswitch Thu 09-May-13 17:34:06

Ok, sorry but its not really an emergency item then. I'm sure it can wait untill the Royal mail finally delivers.

Our doctors refuse to fax prescriptions.......It is for his fish oil tablets which his doctors in college wont issue on prescription. The cost £16 over the counter! shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now