Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

...to be fed up of being told how awful having a newborn is going to be?

(132 Posts)
Quilty Thu 09-May-13 15:31:49

I'm 35 weeks pregnant and no one seems to have a good thing to say about the first few weeks of having a baby hmm

Yes I know I'll be tired and no doubt stressed and over emotional at times but there must be enjoyable times to be had with a newborn? Why does everyone seem to want to tell me what a shit time I'm going to have?

GingerBlondecat Fri 10-May-13 08:04:04

^^ Except for the few severe colicky months. grin

MonkeyingAroundTown Fri 10-May-13 22:59:21

I loved every moment of my sons newborn stage. Even the night savings. I used to enjoy seeing him and having a cuddle even if I had just been woken up at silly o clock.

Cherish every moment and don't fret. You will love being a new mummy. Make sure you take lots of photographs and recordings as they change so rapidly. Its weirdlooking back at my baby as a newborn his features look way too big for his face!!

MoominsYonisAreScary Fri 10-May-13 23:11:18

It depends, I have 4 boys and it has been different every time. I love it when they start to smile and coo. Ds4 is 14 weeks and his face lights up when he sees me. He never stops talking, I'd love to know what he's trying to tell us.

They grow up so fast, the awful tiedness, constant feeding and everything elso is just a tiny part of it. There are far more happy moments than awful ones.

Fakebook Fri 10-May-13 23:12:04

Newborns are easy. They just drink milk and sleep and smell of sweetness. They can't move around and break things. They don't spill water/juice/milk over the floor and sofas. They don't take pots and pans out of cupboards and bang them with random objects. Toddlers are the ones you should be afraid of.

2blessed Fri 10-May-13 23:19:08

Those first few weeks were fantastic. Newborn snuggles, stroking his velvety ears. Don't get me wrong, it was tough and I was recovering from a C-section, we hit a breastfeeding wall on day 4, cracked nipples etc but all in all, I loved it and still loving it 18 weeks later. Good luck OP

NatashaBee Fri 10-May-13 23:33:29

The newborn stage was lovely. My back pain went when I gave birth, so I actually slept better than when I was heavily pregnant. And DS would sleep most of the day on and off so I slept when he did, and spent his first 10 days in a lovely sleepy haze, curled up on the sofa watching DVDs and cuddling with him till my mother invited herself to stay and spoiled it

NatashaBee Fri 10-May-13 23:34:21

Oh yes, Fakebook... And you can lay them down on a playmat on the floor and they stay put! I miss those days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now