To think it's not acceptable to dental receptionists to sit there loudly bitching about patients?

(139 Posts)
MrsMangelFanciedPaulRobinson Thu 09-May-13 10:57:47

I've just been to the dentist. She was running late so I had to sit in the waiting room for half an hour.

At the practice I go to, each day the receptionists phone up the people that have appointments booked the following day to check that they are still ok to attend their appointment, and to jog their memory that they've booked it. And that's what the receptionists were doing today.

One receptionist phoned someone, I heard their name as she asked for them when they answered the phone (and this is a small town, everyone know everyone else). Admittedly it was a long phone call, and the receptionist had to explain a lot about why they were calling; I think the person on the other end was perhaps hard of hearing. There was then a bit of faffing whilst the other person decided whether or not they wanted the appointment, turned out they did, and the receptionist put the phone down. I'd say the call was no longer than maybe three minutes.

The two receptionists then spent about 5 minutes bitching about this customer. The woman who had phoned them was mimicking them and was huffing and puffing about how indecisive they'd been and basically what a pain in the arse they were.

AIBU to think this isn't acceptable. We all moan about work/clients/customers at times, I know that, but to do it on a reception desk in front of other customers isn't appropriate IMO. They are both very miserable rude receptionists and it seems that they don't like customers very much.

Don't know if this makes any difference but it's a combined NHS and Private practice.

NomadicSneer you are making a total tit of yourself with your odd comments on this forum today.

But welcome to Mumsnet!

confused

LayMizzRarb Thu 09-May-13 12:43:07

WTF? How do you know what colour we are???

Do you also have dreadlocks?

Anyway, time for lunch, or maybe there should be no feeding today....

FanjoForTheMammaries Thu 09-May-13 12:45:20

Well, andu, hopefully they are banned if they are posting just to cause a fight or making stupid racist comments

fluffyraggies Thu 09-May-13 12:46:26

I have never read anything so ... daft ... as nomadic's last post. How on earth can you accuse people of colour prejudice when no one can see each other confused

NomadicSneer Thu 09-May-13 12:47:05

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

TheChaoGoesMu Thu 09-May-13 12:50:10

Erm, how would people know what colour your skin is? And how do you know what colour other peoples skin is? You're typing on a keyboard. I cant see youconfused

Ezza1 Thu 09-May-13 12:50:20

Dull OP - all dentist receptionists are bitchy about patients to each other within earshot of everyone <wild generalisation>

Fab thread its turned out though grin I'm fascinated.

ICBINEG Thu 09-May-13 12:50:52

Awesome derail!

Only ever seen one better.

NomadicSneer Thu 09-May-13 12:51:06

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

juneybean Thu 09-May-13 12:51:21

WTAF

LayMizzRarb Thu 09-May-13 12:52:13

Someone is having a laugh......

SoniaGluck Thu 09-May-13 12:52:18

I agree fluffy but I must admit to finding all the weirdness strangely entertaining. It was a boring day until I clicked on this thread. wink

As to the OP. YANBU. It is totally unprofessional.

TheChaoGoesMu Thu 09-May-13 12:52:18

Would you like to talk about it? Why you feel people can see you?

Careful, you and your friends might turn into the Merry Hunchbacks of Notre Dame if you are not careful, NomadicSneer! grin

fluffyraggies Thu 09-May-13 12:53:23

Well you're not doing yourself any favours by accusing us of being racist! It's not something to be bandied around lightly IMO.

BabsCholmondeley Thu 09-May-13 12:53:41

My dentist bear hugs me every time I see him <irrelevant>

Have I wandered into some strange parallel universe here? Accusations of bullying, atrocities and racism on a thread about dentists receptionists shock

Op - Yanbu.
Nomadic - you need to take a step back if such harmless comments make you feel bullied.

JackieOHHH Thu 09-May-13 12:54:48

I fucking hate people who jump up and down shouting 'racist' when people disagree with them....
If anyone's fucking racist it's YOU nomadic for assuming we are all white, middle class, heterosexual and married.
I might be black, I might be white, I might be fucking green with pink spots, wtf business is it of anyone else? Your comment was rude and inflammatory and I couldn't give a shit what colour you are...you're out of order.

SoniaGluck Thu 09-May-13 12:54:52

I feel like I'm trying to hold back the nile with one hand here while the rpessure against me builds and builds.

This is getting better and better. <gets coffee. settles in>

NomadicSneer Thu 09-May-13 12:55:16

FanjoForTheMammaries Thu 09-May-13 12:56:24

Wish mine would. .he is a hottie

NomadicSneer Thu 09-May-13 12:56:33

Loulybelle Thu 09-May-13 12:57:44

I feel like im watching WWE again, with the Divas having a slanging match at each other, whos gonna clothesline the other first?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now